Adcoo pix...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adcoo pix...

Finally got some pix of the new front bar. I'm still trying to figure out the rear one. It appears the shock mount on the passenger side has changed since '99, which is what this bar is said to be for. I haven't got ahold of anyone at Addco yet, but if they don't have a fix, I'm going to make an adapter bracket at work out of stainless...

Old 08-25-2003, 02:40 PM
What year is your truck? How did you make out with the installation on the rear? How is the performance, quality of the kit, mounting instructions, etc.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:34 AM
My truck is an '03, and I still haven't gotten the rear bar on. I just haven't had time to work on it...

The front bar however was a breeze to put on. There wasn't much needed as far as instructions go, so for the front they were fine. The back ones however seem to be okay description wise, but they really need to work on the pictures. Either make them clearer or use drawings/diagrams... Still not sure if they have an adapter or something for my truck or if I'll have to build an adapter at work (I'm a designer in a custom stainless steel shop, so it shouldn't be a big problem)...

Quality of the bar and hardware seems to be quite good. I don't know as I can tell a whole lot of difference with just the new front bar, but it does seem a little more stable when turning a corner and going through a dip... doesn't seem to rock quite so much. Plus, the front bar endlinks seem to be much better than the plastic spacer stock ones... I've heard of several people who had the plastic spacer break.

BTW what year is your truck, if it's newer than '99 are your rear shock mounts alike or different???

Quick Reply: Adcoo pix...