Go Back   F150online Forums > Audio & Video System > Speakers & Subwoofers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F250
ty.barnwell.9 tybarnwell08
probox vs. regular box

whats the difference, why are probox's so much better?
Old 10-30-2009, 10:37 PM

Vehicle: 2008 FORD F150
proboxs are engineered i guess? not just prefabricated outta mdf and carpeted...one thing for sure the probox is made of HDF(high density fiberboard) not MDF (medium density fiberboard..go on proboxs website they show u how their boxes are made

www.proboxrocks.com
Old 10-31-2009, 12:42 AM

Vehicle: 1999 ford f150
Send a message via AIM to abervintageman4
pro box is rhinolined and tuned pretty high for daily driving, i wouldnt get one b/c they seem very overpriced

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMX928 View Post
ok dclovin
Old 11-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150
I found a local shop that carries ProBox and the boxes themselves look very nice. They didn't have one in stock for my screw but I inspected one for a GM truck and there is no resonance at all if you knock on it. What I'm not sure about is using 2 8s when I can run 10s in a FoxBox. The pictures of the 8" drivers show them to appear high quality but I haven't heard them. Another nice feature is that you can bolt it down to the seat latches. The other boxes I've seen aside from the JL Stealthbox look like they just sit there and aren't bolted down.

Does anybody have a dual ProBox in a '04-08 screw that can do a review? I'm currently leaning towards a FoxBox but some stellar reviews could change my mind.
2008 F150 Foose #0412
Old 11-23-2009, 11:10 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150 4x4
Send a message via AIM to Ballin STX Send a message via Yahoo to Ballin STX
I recently installed a single 10" and I found this box and I cannot be happier. I put in 1 10" JL sub in it as well and it hits harder then my 2 10" momos I had in my old truck.

Heres the link if you want to get more info, they also have dual 10" boxes as well.
http://www.gdielectronics.com/a32110bk.html

2008 F150 4x4 STX
My Beast
Procomp 7189 wheels | 295x70x17 Nitto Trail Grappler
Gryphon programmer | Airaid Intake | MBRP SI/SO Exhaust system | Bilstein Shocks front & Rear
Old 01-10-2010, 05:52 PM

hey i'm looking at the pro box myself i heard it rocks when i get mine i will be useing a punch 1000
Old 01-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
phattacorider@cox.net
Send a message via AIM to phattacorider
It's probably construction. Honestly, you can build almost any box to sound great. With box resonance, that can be fixed by making sure all the joints are glued and adhered properly, you're using 3/4" MDF or better material, and you brace the box internally. I hand built a box with two upfiring shallow Rockfords and the sound is nearly flawless.

Disclaimer: I only did upfiring because of the design of the woofers. The box sits entirely under the back seat of my supercrew and no seat lift was used. Also the woofers are 12's. Otherwise I would have done downfiring, but I need the box underneath the seats cuz my nephew steps on everything, including the seats lol.

2007 5.4L 4x4 Screw
Old 01-12-2010, 04:29 PM