Largest single sub box volume

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Largest single sub box volume

I have built a box for my 05 Screw, but am not too happy with it. I have read the recent post about sub boxes and have been checking them out. The problem with mine is that It sticks out beyond the seat a couple of inches, I guess I could work on it some more but I don't think I can get my target volume of .75 CF3. I am wondering who makes a sub box for a single 10 that will not need a seat lift with the largest volume?

I looked at the Proboxrocks but it fires up and there are no dimensions on the page. The MTX website only shows a 12" for the 05's. The wooden boxes seem be about .05 cubic feet too small. Would have .05 make much of a difference?

Thanks
Dave

Old 01-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Answered my own question....the Audio Enhancer unit will fit under the seat and has a volume of .75 cubic feet, which will be the bare min. The website says nothing about needing a seat lift, so I am assuming it will not need one. I ordered one from hifisoundconnection.com for $95 bucks shipped. I'll let you all know what I think of it.

In the meantime I'll use the one I made..just because I spent the afternoon on it...and it looks pretty good...just fits like crap

Old 01-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Also keep in mind that recommended enclosure spaces for your subs are +/- 20%

so if you need .75 cu. ft., anything from .6 to .9 cu. ft. will perform just as well.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I did not know that. Sounds like I will be all set then!

Thanks!
Dave

Old 01-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Deeve
Answered my own question....the Audio Enhancer unit will fit under the seat and has a volume of .75 cubic feet, which will be the bare min. The website says nothing about needing a seat lift, so I am assuming it will not need one. I ordered one from hifisoundconnection.com for $95 bucks shipped. I'll let you all know what I think of it.

In the meantime I'll use the one I made..just because I spent the afternoon on it...and it looks pretty good...just fits like crap
The one I got through them (indirectly), does not need a lift of any sort. 2 Feet you install on the bottom that give you about 1 -1 1/2 inches clearence between the box and the floor ( as it is obviously downward firing.

Just additional FYI.

Quick Reply: Largest single sub box volume