How to get more bass?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to get more bass?

I've got an '04 Screw with the NON-audiophile system, with the 6 disc CD changer in the head unit. What is the best way to improve bass assuming the following:
1. I will keep factory head unit
2. I will not be able to use area under rear seats

Can I change door speakers, and add an amp to push more bass? I really don't have space for a subwoofer. Can I avoid rewiring door speakers?

Thanks for any thoughts,
CW

Old 02-14-2005, 09:47 PM
Do you have the split seats?? If you do JL makes a box with ten in it that fits between the seats in the consoul. I have a Blaupunkt overdrive 10 under the driverside back and it sounds great. 2 3/4 in thick so the box fits nicely. You are looking at about $450 for the box in your consoul if you have one. You can keep the factory head unit and they can get a signal to run to an amp off of it. You will need to get an amp also.

Old 02-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I have the split seats, but not bucket seats. I do not have a console as such. I have a column mounted shifter; the front seat has a fold up/down armrest, allowing for seating for 3 in the front.
I suppose a subwoofer could be mounted in the space occupied by the center front seat, but I can't imagine that it would look very good.

What I may try is to mount an amp behind the rear seats (assuming /i can ever get the dang things out), then send power to some new kick-but rear door speakers. I've gotta do somethig, that's for sure!!!!!!

CW

Old 02-18-2005, 08:53 PM
If you are just looking for a little more bass, get a "all in one" box. Infinity bass link is small. Its the box, amp and woofer in one and requires very little space. this will easily fit under your seat. Keep in mind its not gonna give you bass that can be heard from outside the vehicle, it just supplements your factory system. Ive seen em new on ebay for alot cheaper than they sell them in curcuit city!

Quick Reply: How to get more bass?