2004 - 2008 F-150

Like it or lump it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like it or lump it?

After waiting nearly 20 weeks for my new Lariat SCREW to come in, I finally got the call Thursday night that it had arrived. Seeing as I got the call at 6pm, there was no way to get insurance and plates sorted out Thursday so I arranged to pick it up today, Saturday.

Here's where the problems start:

9am, plates in hand and registration I go in search of my truck on the lot.

9:15am: No truck to be found

9:20am Find sales manager who tells me they are fueling up my truck, fill out the paperwork.

10am: Getting kind of pissed that it takes 40 mins to fuel it up

10:45am My new truck with dealer tags whips into the parking lot at no less than 50mph and screeches up to service. A dishevellved kid gets out of my truck, SMOKING NO LESS, and hands my keys to service

11am: I'm told they have to clean the truck again, so off I go to service. I find the detail guy vacuuming out the truck and pulling all kinds of Dunin Donuts and Mikey D's bags out of the NEW TRUCK. The interior looks like someone lived IN it for a week.

11:05am: I find the GM and his son discussing how the graduation party went last night and the kid thanking him for the truck for the night.

11:06am: I begin freaking out that my ORDERED truck, now has 347 miles on the odometer, someone else has sat in MY SEAT, and the interior looks like a bomb went off.

11:15am: I'm told the truck is titled to me and I paid for it so I have to take it. I'm told they can do whatever they want until I take delivery, and that if I don't like it, there's the door and take my property off their lot! To top it off, I'm told to lighten up and that this is not the end of the world; I have a brand new truck, nothing is wrong with it, and the GM's son is a 'responsible' individual.

11:30am: Local police arrive because I am now disturbing the peace, I want my money back and them to take the damn truck back. I didn't buy a USED 2004 F-150, I bought a NEW F-150 from the factory, it has MY NAME on the window sticker! The officer who works many, many details for my company tells me that 'junior' was pulled over last night for doing 97 in a 35 in MY NEW TRUCK!

11:45 I call my lawyer and leave knowing that this bag of crap is going to cost me a bucketload of cash.

Am I nuts or is my truck now used? No one asked me permission to use my truck, no one bothered to tell me that 'junior' had my truck for his graduation party, no one asked if they could sit their *** in my new seat.

Now I'm left to like it or lump it according to the GM and Sales Manager. I am fuming right now. I'm asking for some 'independent' assurance from all of you that I am not nuts.

Thanks

Old 06-12-2004, 04:17 PM
This sounds like something out of a movie, not in real life. I'd be as pissed as you. If the dealer won't get you a replacement immediately or offer a substantial discount, my lawyer would be the first to know including the states attorney's office and Ford in Dearborn. The vehicle as delivered is "used" and not new even though it has your name on it. In Texas in order for the vehicle to be accepted by the buyer the "Vehicle Odometer Disclosure" has to be accepted and signed by the buyer. I would check in your state, which most likely a lawyer will have knowledge of these local laws. Sorry for your situation.

Your not crazy! I'd be as infuriated!

Go get 'em!

Old 06-12-2004, 04:20 PM
What a frightful story !!!

You have my sympathy.

It almost sounds like the script for a comedy routine in a TV show, but I'm sure you are telling it as it is !

No way should you accept that sort of treatment and I wish you every success in sorting it out....
Let us know how you get on.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:21 PM
I'd be pissed too...big time. Even if it is legal for them to let the little moron use the truck, it's not right and terrible business on their part. I'd try to call the local news and see if you can get them to do a little story on this. That sucks. I'm not sure...I hate what they did, but if it looks brand new still and there's no scratches, etc...it might be worth it in the end to go ahead and take it. But even if I took it, I'd be sure to tell everyone I knew as well as the local news what they did to/with the truck. That's BS.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Oh and by the way, unless you signed for the truck, you still don't have to take it. You can stick them with it. If you went ahead and signed everything (sounds like you did while you were waiting for the little punk to pull in), then you may be screwed...don't know. When I ordered mine, the sales guy said I could refuse it for any reason once it showed up on the lot. I was under no obligation to take it even after I ordered it to my liking.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:28 PM
I've got a "By the way" as well.

If they freely admitted someone had used it on the road, then it clearly isn't a new truck and cannot be sold as such.

I speak as someone with knowledge of consumer law (wink, wink), and you have every right to refuse that truck.

While you're at it, take you're business elsewhere, mention this forum and how you have not been happy with your treatment (Though be aware of saying anything libelous !), and let them think on as their reputation spreads !!

Old 06-12-2004, 04:32 PM
I did sign everything. When I bought my F-250 they took it out to fuel it while I was signing everything, same deal with the wifes Freelander, I wasn't expecting to be greeted with ordeal I had this morning.

I paid for it Friday morning on my way to work so I could get the title taken care of and get my plates. All they needed to do was deliver the truck this morning, I was expecting to be in and out in 15 mins.

The odometer statement still reads 31 miles, but the odometer now reads 347. I'm basically trying to steel myself for the inevitable 'you got served' and here's a free oil change for your troubles.

Rer-reading my own post, I noticed I got really pissed off as I got to the end. I think I took it on the chin on this deal.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Lenticular

If they freely admitted someone had used it on the road, then it clearly isn't a new truck and cannot be sold as such.

I actually asked the kind officer for a copy of the ticket he wrote to my new truck last night. The nice part is they had to write the VIN down on the ticket because of the dealer tag!

I still know I'm going to get screwed here, and not in a good way!

Old 06-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That’s one I’d have to see to believe, because it sounds like a BIG load of CRAP!
However, if true you have my deepest sympathy.

Old 06-12-2004, 04:39 PM
Well....it's up to you to make sure you don't get screwed.....and you really shouldn't.
If I'm reading you right then you say that you saw the truck with 31 miles on the clock...then when you go to pick it up....voila....347 !!!

Nuff said !!?

Old 06-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Dude, that sucks, I surely wouldn't buy there any more, may not be much else you can do or is worth doing. Let me guess, Drum Hill?

On the lighter side, how long have you been in Dracut? I can't believe there are three people from Dracut in here!

Old 06-12-2004, 04:59 PM
Had you of known in time you could have reported the truck stolen I guess??

I wouldn't take the truck under any circumstances. Don't let the new car "bug" get the best of you in this situation. Stand firm and demand a replacement at a reduced price since what they done isn't even remotely right. Dealerships demo vehicles all the time but it's typically new units sitting on the lot ordered for their general inventory NOT a special order for a customer. I found the truck I wanted back in January but it had 600 miles on it because the owner had drove it for a couple days. I'm very good friends with the owner and I know he didn't abuse the truck but I refussed to buy it and he ordered me one in its place.

Old 06-12-2004, 05:16 PM
It is sad that a dealership owner would allow any activity of this kind to occur, then again if he did with full knowledge then he should be held financialy reliable for selling an obviously used vehicle as new. Contact your local BBB, Chamber of Commerce, local TV stations asking for consummer assistance, and make sure you contact Ford and file a complaint/grievenss with the HQ.
Best of luck and hopes for a quick resolution.

Old 06-12-2004, 05:38 PM
This is the worst case I ever heard a ford dealer pull off..an then to rub your face in it as well...If you don't make them pay then you will not respect yourself later..Do whatever it take to make them respect you...

Start with a good lawyer and call every one else on TV ,etc, to Ford head office..Get that Cop to tell his story on the spoiled speeding brat and the father who raised him that way...You will find if he would do this to you ...well he did it before.I'm betting...Ask the news stations to see if anyone else comes forward that was treated like this...then see how Ford Head office likes the news...Keep a record of paper work and comments you were told and who said them and when...

Not only should you get your NEW not used truck, it should be at a cut price and damages paid to you for what costs and pain they put you through...

Last edited by ConcreteGuy; 06-12-2004 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I would not take the truck.

I would cancel the check immediately if at all possible. Then do everything you can to get all your money back. Take your business somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Like it or lump it?