2011 f150 leveling kit problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2011 f150 leveling kit problem

I bought a 2.5 inch leveling kit awhile back for my truck but never got around to putting it on until last night. Needless to say, I need alittle help with one small problem..

Alright so I removed the two brakets that hold the ABS and brake lines on the frame and steering knuckle to allow everything to drop without stressing the lines. Next I removed the nut from the top of the sway bar link. Then I removed the nut on the upper ball joint so I could release the upper control arm. After that, I removed the three nuts on the top of the strut assembly and the large nut and bolt on the bottom and pulled the whole assembly out. Once it was out, I installed the leveling spacer on the assembly.

Now as far as putting it all back together goes, that's fine, I won't have any trouble with that... Except, I can not figure out how to fit the strut back into where it goes with the spacer on it.. I've tried everything I could think of.. I even took the nut off of the tie rod and got it out of the way but I still can't get it to fit.. By fit I mean, if I get the top in where it's suppose to go, I can't get the bottom in.. But if I get the bottom in, I can't get the top in..
Please any suggestions would help.
Thanks
Dakota

Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Oh I almost forgot, the instructions that came with it was no help what so ever =/

Old 01-24-2012, 01:06 PM
You have any pics of it, does it seem like you dont have enought room from top to bottom? You tried using crow bar to pry it back. I have a 08 with as 2" and it went right back in no problem. Your level kit only installs on the top strut one way right? Mine did and it actuall made the srut do a 180 when it was installed. Can you be a little more descriptive or take some pics.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I'm at work right now but I can post a few pics tomorrow evening.
No, there's just not enough room. It'a four wheel drive so when the lower a-arm drops the cv joints and boots on the axel seem to be at their max without causing and damage. Yeah just on the top of the strut one way. Yeah I'll try to describe it better. I don't know what to call it but the "housing" that the strut sets in when it's attached to the vehicle. If the top of the strut is in its "housing" then there just isn't enough room for the bottom part of it to fit in the bottom "housing". It's like the bottom a-arm wont go low enough for the bottom part of the strut to fit in its "housing"

If it helps any, it's a 2011 f150 XLT supercrrw 4x4 Off Road ecoboost

Old 01-24-2012, 02:39 PM
A bottle jack is your friend. Brace it against something sturdy up by the upper shock mount area and the bottom on the LCA somewhere safe. Start jacking the jack and magically the LCA will go down farther than you could ever push it with a pry bar. Just be careful that it doesn't pop off when you have it cranked down like that.

This came from the Autospring install information sheet.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:15 AM
I am having the exact same issue now... What did you end up doing?

Old 08-28-2016, 11:23 AM
http://www.roughcountry.com/ford-lev...t-kit-568.html heres a install video maybe this will help

Quick Reply: 2011 f150 leveling kit problem