Lightning

New Dyno Numbers WOW

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2000, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Dyno Numbers WOW

Just got back from the tuning my 2000 Lightning.

Danny Swanson Chip, Pro-M 80mm Air Mass, 40 Series Flow Master Mufflers, and 100 Horsepower Shot Of Nitrous Oxide.

Without the Nitrous Oxide on a Dyno-Jet, SAE Horsepower: 368.1 Horsepower
441.5 Torque
12.2 Air/Fuel Mixture

With The Nitrous Oxide on Dyno-Jet, SAE Horsepower: 473.3 Horsepower
516.2 Torque
10.5 Air/Fuel Mixture

As you can tell with the Nitrous Oxide on, the truck is running on the Rich or should I say on the very safe side. By moving the Air/Fuel Mixture up to between 12.0 & 12.9 this should increase the horsepower an additional 20 more.

Also the air temperature was 92 degrees with the humidity of 88%.

Just thought I would share my results with others.

------------------
2000 Lightning, Chassis Tech Drop Kit, 80 mm Mass Air, w/ K&N Filter, Danny Swanson Flip Chip, Flow Master 40 Series Exhaust, Billet Upper & Lower Grill, 100HP Nitrous Oxide NOS System.
GO FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

[This message has been edited by FSUFAN (edited 07-01-2000).]

Old 07-01-2000, 04:13 PM
Question

Wow, big power!!! How does NOS work on a S/C'd motor. Where do you put the jets and all. Do you need additional fuel source or are the injectors just pumped up. I saw HIGH RISK'S truck a ways back, but, forgot to check out his setup.

Old 07-01-2000, 04:33 PM
Cool

BadBolt,

The Nitrous fogger on my truck is installed right in front of the blower snout. It is mounted in the black hard rubber boot. Mounted between the blower snout and the air mass meter.

My kit is a dry kit and there is plenty of fuel and no need for additional fuel pump.

As you can see while I’m spraying the Nitrous I’m still on the rich side by my air/fuel mixture numbers. Plenty of fuel.

Hope this answers your question.

------------------
2000 Lightning, Chassis Tech Drop Kit, 80 mm Mass Air, w/ K&N Filter, Danny Swanson Flip Chip, Flow Master 40 Series Exhaust, Billet Upper & Lower Grill, 100HP Nitrous Oxide NOS System.
GO FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

Quick Reply: New Dyno Numbers WOW