Lightning

Front end clunk f####ed

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2000, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Front end clunk f####ed

Well, SVT told my dealer today the star washer would not work, so they chose to replace the lower left ball joint. Now it pulls so hard to the right and the wheel is off center. I can't believe a front end alignment is not suggested for this repair decision. Back to the dealer tomorrow. Doesn't SVT have any consistency? I guess I'm lucky they like me there. It sure seems to me that Ford doesn't have a better idea.

------------------
FIRESVT Red 2000 "L"
Just starting
The learning curve has recently increased a degree or two. Best E/T 14.069 MPH 97.49

Old 06-21-2000, 10:56 PM
I wish the dealer were more consistant.
It is not SVT, it is the dealers and techs, and warrenty work pay system.

Old 06-21-2000, 10:56 PM
Cool

FireSVT,

Just to let you know, I fixed mine myself. I went to a local commercial hardware store and bought 2 star washers that fit the bolt. I took the bolt off and put a star washer on both sides of it and tightened it up with an air-impact. Then took it to my alignment man. It steers perfectly straight and the steering wheel it also straight.

Good luck!

------------------
2000 Lightning, Chassis Tech Drop Kit, 80 mm Mass Air, w/ K&N Filter, Flow Master 40 Series Exhaust, Billet Upper & Lower Grill, 100HP Nitrous Oxide NOS System.
GO FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES

Old 06-21-2000, 11:06 PM
Location: Garden Grove,Ca. USA three block from Disney Land the Second best Ride
If you talk to SVT ask for Clinton at least he states just install the star washer.What a joke where the Hell is Ford on this subject. It a shame that someone might get hurt or killed before Ford will fix problem.

------------------
1999 Red SVT Lightning
#3466 of 4000
NLOC #428
99 Grand Prix GTP Red

Old 06-21-2000, 11:11 PM
What a joke where the Hell is Ford on this subject. It a shame that someone might get hurt or killed before Ford will fix problem.
-This problem is not bad, it is more of an annoyance then a safety risk, put your truck on ramps or a hoist, and look at the problem, and you will see what I mean-

Old 06-22-2000, 09:46 AM
Steve,

Do you, or anyone you know, have access to the CQIS or AWS systems at Ford? CQIS especially might have some interesting info on this topic.

------------------
Regards,
Gordon

'99 Red Lightning

Quick Reply: Front end clunk f####ed