Sirius Everything Renewal for $77/year

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by F150RYDER2K8
Wife and I have been going though and consolidating bills, decided to cancel Sirius in both cars. Got it for Stern, he is always on Vacation and The Highway plays the same music every hour. On the Phone they offered me the $77 deal and I declined. Its been about a month and Now once a week they send me a "We want you back" email with $5 for 5 months per radio. Still deciding if I am going back.
I was on the 5-for-5 program, and shortly before it ended, I received another card for the same promotion. I tried to renew, but found out it was for the ESN of an older receiver (one they replaced under warranty), and they would not transfer it to the working one, no matter what. They offered me a program that was about $7/month, but I held out on principle, and told them to cancel my service.

About a week later, guess what I get in the mail???? Yep. A 5-for-5 card for THAT receiver! I said "forget it," and really haven't missed it that much. I liked the convenience of the Siruis receiver (I have a dock in both my vehicles), but with Pandora streaming on my Android, and LastFM on the PC (both free) The Sirius radio can sit in a box.

Andy

P.S. Am I the only one who thinks the Sirius/XM app for Android sucks?

Old 11-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My trial expires in about a month and I think I'm going to let it expire to see what kind of deal I can get. Now I have another vehicle that I paid full price for the subscription last year that expires on Jan 4th. Any advice on the best way to get a descent price for both or what I might be able to do?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gogators93
My trial expires in about a month and I think I'm going to let it expire to see what kind of deal I can get. Now I have another vehicle that I paid full price for the subscription last year that expires on Jan 4th. Any advice on the best way to get a descent price for both or what I might be able to do?
I would call them BEFORE the contract end date, and tell them you want to cancel. Then keep saying "That's not good enough, what else can you do?" until they either hit a figure/package you like, or, if they don't, then go ahead and cancel. I'll bet you a donut hole you get an even better offer (5-for5?) in the mail within 30 days.

If you *know* you will "always" want the service, then consider one of their lifetime subs, just know that it's tied to one receiver, and transferring to another costs.

Good luck.

Andy

Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Mine was ready to expire and I called to cancel after getting a bill for $96 for six months. I told them that I liked the service but it was simply to expensive. She switched me to another department and I was nice, told the customer rep the same story. Great service, just too expensive. She offered it for $96 for the year plus the royalty fee. I politley said no thank you and she said how about $77? It is the best I can do. I said I will do it for that if you waive all royalty fees and taxes, just $77 per year. She said OK, I can do that.
I think thats a pretty good deal.

Old 11-26-2011, 02:57 PM
OK..Just got off the phone with Sirius and wanted to update you guys on some things you may not be aware of.First off I re-subscribed LAST year and went from the normal 160.00 to what I was told was the 79.95 deal..but after taxes and artist royalties...yes Sirius and all music suppliers are charged with royalties from the record companies..my total last year was 112.00....Oh and since I was told it was the 79.00 deal I never checked ...my bad.
I called today and canceled after getting an e-mail that I owe them 165.00..then like everyone else was switched to a supervisor that was the only one authorized to cancel my account.He at first said I owned 165.00 since last years contract had ended..I said I authorized nothing more than last years deal so I don't owe them anything.He said that they all automaticlly renew but since I had no credit card on file they send out e-mails and call...thank god I refused to put my card on file last year.At this point I told him point blank..I'm busy gimme your best offer or I'm hanging up..I told him i was out walking the dog and couldn't stay on the phone..I mentioned the 5 for 5 deal too.IF you go with the 5 for 5 you HAVE to have a credit card on file..Guy's DON"T DO THIS..If I would of had a card on file from last time they would have automatically taken out the 165.00 for next year,so beware thats how they get you.I ended up getting the 75.00 deal this year but with royalties its 85.00 out the door total with no card on file.I told him to MAIL me the bill and update my on line account so i could go over it later and if theres no small print i would buy it and pay thru PAYPAL which has a buyer protection guarantee.So thats the best I could do..its still cheaper than last year and I still have no card on file so next year they cant automatically renew and charge me.So again DON'T put a card on file unless you want to be fighting it next year with your credit card company.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Going to call them tomorrow and see how it goes. I'll try for the $77 a year out the door. Still not sure how to handle my other account though that expires Feb 2nd. Bring it up now? Wait?

Anyone get the $77 that included the ilink traffic, weather, movies, gas prices . . . ?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:43 PM
They wanted $180 something for a year. Wanted to renew and gave em a call. Initially they told me $94 plus taxes and fees for a year. Said no. Then they offered me the $29.99 plus fees for 6 months, I sad OK, but they wanted a card on file. Told them I would rather cancel then give them a credit card so they are doing a discounted 6 month subscription at the $29.99 rate and billing me for it.

Good luck

Quick Reply: Sirius Everything Renewal for $77/year