New XM receiver

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New XM receiver

Hey everybody, new to the forums and I'm looking for some help/advice. I am getting a XM receiver and want to mount it in my truck, 06 F-150 Supercrew. I would like to run it into the AUX input in my factory stereo because I have no tape deck and have had terrible luck with FM transmiters.

I also want to be able to switch between XM and an IPOD. Is there anything I can get that will allow me to do that? Is it easy to install or should I bring it to a local car audio place. Thanks for the help!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Suspended
You know, I keep looking at that axxess interface link the above poster keeps posting. I would be interested in it and have looked at the website but all it tells you is what this thing does. It doesent even show you a decent pic of it, and jack schitt about how much it cost or how to go about buying it.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Pick up a PIE adaptor. You then run a converter line from the RCA jacks to a 3.5mm jack. The 3.5mm jack either plugs into the Sat radio or an ipod. I bought my PIE adaptor off ebay and it comes with the RCA to 3.5mm jack. Around $65 shipped.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I found the axxess interface about a year ago. Hit up your local stereo shop and check one out. I cost me about $100 and works flawlessly. The unit itself is a small white box with three harnesses. One for the main stereo, it has factory connectors and just plugs inline. The other two are for the XM Direct box and IPOD. Simple plug and play, neat and clean. Look around you'll find them.

-KOZ

Quick Reply: New XM receiver