XM Receiver Install in New 09 F150

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Receiver Install in New 09 F150

I had an XM receiver in my old vehicle and would like to transfer it over to my new 09 but am wondering what is the easiest way to install it? From reading some posts it seems like the factory HU with Sat radio isnt all that great as far as display etc and alot of people go with an external receiver. Can I connect it to the aux jack on my current factory unit and if so how do I power it up and how would you recomment doing the install? Pics would be helpful and I know these may be stupid questions but I dont want to mess up my new ride. Thanks for any help you can give

Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you have the behind the dash XM receiver, there currently are no adapters for it that work with the 09 factory radio. If you have a stand alone XM radio with it's own display, yes, you can use the Sync Aux input.

The Commander MT is one option I'm currently considering for my 09'. It has a very small display unit that I could mount in a variety of discrete locations. I had the older model Commander in my old F150 and mounted the display unit flush in the driver's sun visor.

I'd splice in the line-out from the XM unit to the Sync Aux input behind the dash so no wires would be visible.

I've tried contacting the various manufacturers of adapters (PIE, Axxess, etc...) and so far none admit to having any new adapters on the horizon for the 09' stock radios.

Quick Reply: XM Receiver Install in New 09 F150