Free FM Direct Connect Modulator and Install Card from Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 05:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Free FM Direct Connect Modulator and Install Card from Sirius

If you get an e-mail like the one in bold at the bottom of my post just go to this site www.sirius.com/optimize and follow the instructions. They will send you a free FM modulator valued at $20 and a free installation card. I did not use the install card because I did it myself. I have the XACT Visor, which has a very strong built-in wireless FM modulator but it does sound better with the wired one.

Here is the FM Modulator that they will send you.
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...dParentID=7872

Here is the install card that they send:
http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/serv...dParentID=7872

Here is what the beginning of the e-mail is:

Your SIRIUS radio contains an FM transmitter that allows it to operate wirelessly through your car FM radio. We have determined that the output of this transmitter exceeds the limits established by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). As a result, the unit may interfere with the performance of radios operating in areas adjacent to your radio. There are no health or safety concerns associated with this issue.

Old 08-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F-n eh! Great find and thanks for sharing, I bought one last winter and it works flawlessly, but the old lady and her mom would need one too. I might as well get my free one for the 2 radio's I have, keeping 1 as spare and the other in the other car.

Old 08-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BLUE20004X4
F-n eh! Great find and thanks for sharing, I bought one last winter and it works flawlessly, but the old lady and her mom would need one too. I might as well get my free one for the 2 radio's I have, keeping 1 as spare and the other in the other car.
The one for my wife's Honda Odyssey came the other day. The only bad thing is that I had to buy an antenna adapter, which is 2 different cables, for $30. Here is a link so that you know if you need one or not. I will not need one for my truck.

http://www.tss-radio.com/images/fmantennaadapter.pdf

Old 08-25-2008, 10:54 AM
I got a similar email about my Xm2go. Looks like the FCC did some homework with the merger. BTW, when is the merger going to be complete?

Old 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I attempted to enter the # from the back, won't take it. Maybe it's an American only deal or the fact I'm on a shared acct. Either way, I'll call and see.

Old 09-17-2008, 12:10 AM
Certain models were found to be too powerful. I believe they violated some FCC ruling and they had to offer the owners of the offending models a solution. Since they (Sirius) know what model you have by the registration #, they are able to contact the subscribers and offer the fix, several options are available.

If you didn't get a letter in the mail or an email, don't bother trying. It won't work.

I have one of the offending units. Starmate Replay. I had it playing in the boom box while working in the garage. I backed my truck out, about 100 ft. down the driveway and it was picking up in my truck still!

Needless to say, I got the offer to "neuter" it.

Quick Reply: Free FM Direct Connect Modulator and Install Card from Sirius