Pre-1997 Models

95 f150 problem please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 04:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 f150 problem please help

I've got a single cab f150 that needed a hinge and bushing replacement on the drivers side door. Everytime I closed it I had to lift it to get it to shut right. Well, I let someone borrow the truck without telling them to lift the door, and when I got it back it wouldn't open at all. I have no clue how to get this door open now I've been goin through the pass side and it's getting old quick. If anyone's got any ideas on how to get this thing open to fix it like I should have long ago, I'd really appreciate it.

btw I've yanked pulled layed in the seat and kicked the hell out of this thing with no luck at all

Old 12-16-2008, 09:01 AM
It sounds as if you'll have to remove the interior door panel and make your way to the latch mechanism. This could prove to be very difficult and cramped. It may require removing the seat, too. Getting to that left rear bolt that holds the seat on the floor board may be the toughest part.

Does it feel like the door handle is actuating anything on the inside?

Is the door 100% closed and aligned?

Old 12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
No it doesn't seem to be aligned or closed completely. I figured it's not latched and I could just knock it loose but it just hasn't worked. And yeah removing the seat would be hard. The door looks like it's sitting too low.

Quick Reply: 95 f150 problem please help