Pre-1997 Models

Added Clearance Lights to the Pig

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Added Clearance Lights to the Pig

I added clearance lights to my 93 F-150. I took the headliner right out of the truck and it made it an easy project. I tied the wiring into the wire loom right behind the headlight switch. The Brown wire on the headlight switch is the running lights...

Here's what the 216k mile truck (lovingly called the Pig) looks like in the day time...

Here are the lights I used, $23 shipped off of ebay:

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM
do you still have the pig? Mine is a 1991 supercab 4x4 lovingly called Big Bertha...

Have you done any work on your fuel lines?
Just curious. I have a leak out by the rear tank. Thought at first it was my o-ring seal on the sending unit, but I think the rubber lines have failed.
Dave

Old 07-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Haven't had any fuel leaks with this truck (yet). It's from Tennessee. I had a rear tank leak on the previous f-150, i think it was just the tank rusting out. Never fixed it.

This truck has a dead fuel pump in the front tank. I'm not sure if I should drop the tank or lift the bed off. Can anyone else speak from experience.

Last edited by scotsho; 07-26-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by scotsho
.... The Brown wire on the headlight switch is the running lights...
Ummm... Brown with white trace

Old 08-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by scotsho
Haven't had any fuel leaks with this truck (yet). It's from Tennessee. I had a rear tank leak on the previous f-150, i think it was just the tank rusting out. Never fixed it.

This truck has a dead fuel pump in the front tank. I'm not sure if I should drop the tank or lift the bed off. Can anyone else speak from experience.
I would rahter lift the bed off then try to deal with the tank starps....from experiance, its much easier this way lol truck looks great!! Its amazing what a few extra lights can do for night time appearnace

Quick Reply: Added Clearance Lights to the Pig