Pre-1997 Models

stang motor into F150 swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stang motor into F150 swap

will be swapping an 5.0L H.O. out of a Mustang into my truck. What I need to know is what I will need to do a car to truck swap. I know I need a wiring harness but do I need a truck or a car harness. What other problems/solutions do you guys have for me???

Jim

Old 09-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Cool

Dude, you need to come to the market to ask these kinds of questions !!! Tons of knowledge there in just two guys and I think you know who I am talking about. Hey, how is the new job going ???? Keep looking for the truck but never can find it ...

You will need a truck oil pan because of the frame location is different between the two. You may have to make some modifications because I think the mustang intake comes out the other side of the motor compared to your current stock location. That is if you are going to use your stock air filter location. I am not sure if the harnesses are different as in essence they would be running the same motor and that same information needs to get to the computer. The difference maybe when you are trying to go from the engine compartment into the truck for dash harnesses. They might be different harness connections.

We will be going to the market tonight. Come out and we can discuss more.

Have Fun & Keep on Truckin'
Dean

Old 09-23-2004, 12:21 PM
There are a lot of posts on this topic if you do a search I imagine you will find everything you will need to know. From memory I know one item that is always discussed on this swap is a cam swap. You will need a truck cam to get the low end power to move the weight of a truck.

Old 10-05-2004, 04:10 AM
I just got done swapping a 5.0 HO out of a stang into my 1990 4X4. But I used my old oil pan, timing cover and intake. I had to use my old timing cover because my water pump is different than the one from the stang. So I didn't need to change any wiring, except the firing order. If the rotor turns CC firing order is 15426378 and if it turns CCW 13726548. I thought I had more problems than a toasted motor. Took me two weeks and a lot of parts to figure that one out.

Quick Reply: stang motor into F150 swap