Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

How many in Alaska?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A31slyder
I'm from anchorage, I just moved back in December. I'm a Salesman at Cal worthington on 5th ave, so if anyone wants to upgrade to a new truck PM me.
Cal Worthington is on Gambell not 5th Ave. I'll trade ya me 2003 F-150 7700 for a new Super Duty, just hand me the title and the keys, and i'll hand u the keys to mine.... but if ya can hook me up with a good deal im all ears lol

Unless your talking about that truck place across from showboats....lol that is part of Cal Worthington

Last edited by Chuck85; 04-21-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:08 AM
Yea I'm talking about what used to be Just Trucks, now we are Worthington Ford again we just changed the signs a few days ago. I dont know about a straight trade for a super duty if I could do that I would have traded in my 07 on a SD already, but If you really want/need a new truck let me know.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:12 AM
nah don't need a brand new truck, but a newer one wouldnt hurt lol

hit me up chuck_reed85@hotmail.com

Last edited by Chuck85; 04-22-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:06 AM
hey ill be up in AK in a few months once i live IRAQ!! gunna be going to Fairbanks!! i cant wait.. and to bring my truck!!

Old 05-14-2008, 12:25 PM
moving in January

OK, so since this thread is on the topic of alaska...

I have to PCS up to alaska the beggining of January '09. Im coming from Oregon. before I head up there i am going to get some buckshot mudders, and 2 sets of chains to fit that big boys. I was all gung-hoe about the trip but my dad has been getting under my skin about it and its starting to worry me.

I have been doing a lot of research as to which way to take, and i think i'll stick to the Alcan, but i was just wondering if anybody has made the trip up there in the middle of winter, and if you have, tips would be GREATLY appreciated. thanx all

Old 05-14-2008, 02:13 PM
hey man ima PCS to fairbanks in JAN 09 also...

Old 05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by thebigbc
OK, so since this thread is on the topic of alaska...

I have to PCS up to alaska the beggining of January '09. Im coming from Oregon. before I head up there i am going to get some buckshot mudders, and 2 sets of chains to fit that big boys. I was all gung-hoe about the trip but my dad has been getting under my skin about it and its starting to worry me.

I have been doing a lot of research as to which way to take, and i think i'll stick to the Alcan, but i was just wondering if anybody has made the trip up there in the middle of winter, and if you have, tips would be GREATLY appreciated. thanx all
If I were you I'd just hit Washington and take the Ferry......the ALCAN is kind of secluded in some parts and if something goes wrong, pry not gonna get a good signal if any for your cell phone...

Old 05-15-2008, 03:52 AM
Originally Posted by Chuck85
If I were you I'd just hit Washington and take the Ferry......the ALCAN is kind of secluded in some parts and if something goes wrong, pry not gonna get a good signal if any for your cell phone...

Ok. so i was trying to find out if the ferry is running that time of year though. I don't suppose that you would know of a website that states when they are open and such... I have been trying to find any info i can for the last 2 days and have had no such luck.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Ok. so i was trying to find out if the ferry is running that time of year though. I don't suppose that you would know of a website that states when they are open and such... I have been trying to find any info i can for the last 2 days and have had no such luck.
I'll look around and get back to ya

Old 05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
I just PCS'd here to Anchorage and I took the ferry in Nov 08... Well I can tell you that if you are going to Anchorage it is not bad here were a few places along the way that were a little snow covered but the roads all in all were good... And it is not true that you have to have a 4wd to live here... I have my old faithful 2004 STX 2wd and I make it anywhere I want to... But there are times that I wish I had 4wd so I could go do some offroadin'... I will find those places that will not require it though.... And the website that you need it http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/

Does anyone know of anywhere near Anchorage that you can go offroading without a 4wd truck?????

Old 05-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by lil_man
I just PCS'd here to Anchorage and I took the ferry in Nov 08... Well I can tell you that if you are going to Anchorage it is not bad here were a few places along the way that were a little snow covered but the roads all in all were good... And it is not true that you have to have a 4wd to live here... I have my old faithful 2004 STX 2wd and I make it anywhere I want to... But there are times that I wish I had 4wd so I could go do some offroadin'... I will find those places that will not require it though.... And the website that you need it http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/

Does anyone know of anywhere near Anchorage that you can go offroading without a 4wd truck?????
Jims Creek

Old 05-18-2008, 06:04 PM
That is what I have heard but I have no idea how to get there or anything else so PM and let me know if you could... I really want to just go out and mess around... And how muddy or bad is it to get there??

Old 06-16-2008, 02:04 AM
Yes, I'm in Fairbanks.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 AM
I live up in North Pole and PSCd there in Nov '05. I drove up from Minot ND. If you do make the drive just take it slow and stay out of the way of the snow plows. Oh and watch for animals, you will see everthing you can think of on the trip. Maybe when i get back from Iraq we can all get together and do some wheelin.

Old 06-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I used to, I miss it...lots. 3 years in Cordova (I'd go back in a heartbeat!) and 2 years in Juneau.

Originally Posted by Chuck85
In the middle of winter, I'd opt for the ferry too. The Alcan is a great drive and there is a lot to see but it's really best done in the summer. That's not to say it can't be done, just be aware that you may go a long way without finding an open gas station. Many of them close up shop in the winter. And as Chuck says, there are some very long, lonely stretches of road where you don't see another living soul for hours. Take lots of food, lots of warm clothes, lots of blankets and sleeping bags if you have them. Some sort of portable heating device might be nice and flashlights with extra batteries. Make sure your spare is solid and your jack is in working order and fill your tank whenever you see an open station, regardless if it needs it or not!

Quick Reply: How many in Alaska?