Pioneer AVH3100DVD iPod error

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pioneer AVH3100DVD iPod error

I have a pioneer avh3100dvd, been using my gen2 ipod with the standard ipod usb cable and has been working fine, today it starting throwing an error code 02-63 and will not work at all now. Anyone having this issue as well ?

Old 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Is this an iPod, or iPhone? Do you have bluetooth by any chance? If BT iPhone, continue here...

The recent update to iPhone 3.0 enabled the A2DP profile. So, if you go over to the BT Audio after about 20 seconds, it should list your phone, and if you hit play, it will play audio via the bluetooth. It's actually very cool, but very limited (all you can do is stop, pause and play).

The problem is that when you turn the radio on, it recognize the ipod via the cable. Then after a few seconds (about15-20), the iphone will detect the bluetooth connection, and switch to that. Then the ipod function shuts off and throws that error (at least it did to me).

Here are your two options. Wait until the audio kicks off, then open your iphone and go to the ipod screen. On the bottom you will see it has selected the bluetooth connection. Click on the little bluetooth icon, and then you should be able to select the dock connection. That will enable the ipod screen again. Your other option (which I use), is just wait about 20 seconds. Let the head unit and iphone pair. Then connect the cable, it will choose that as the default. Unfortunately you have to do this every time. Unless Apple fixes the iphone or Pioneer allows us to disable the BT Audio function, this is the way it must work. Otherwise you can just shut BT off on the iphone, but then you can't use the HU as a phone receiver.

There is another level of BT called AVRCP, and Apple is playing with that now. If they can get that to work, Next and Prev should work in the BT Audio screen.

Hope that helps...

Last edited by digitalamish; 07-10-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Sometimes I get an error plugging in my iphone depending on what order I plug the phone in and when I select the source. Try it again and when the error pops up, unplug and replug the audio source.

Quick Reply: Pioneer AVH3100DVD iPod error