Midwest CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY

Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have no idea where anything is in omaha and i am terrible at getting around anywhere in that town

Old 09-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by noblem
I havn't gotten that far yet. I think i have a year or so left on these tires if not more the way they are wearing. Where did you get your gears from and how much did they cost you if yo dont mind me asking? A hookup out at anderson would be sweet if it worked out, they replaced my ball joint under warranty for me and were pretty good about it
I got mine from http://www.accuautoparts.com/, I purchased 4.56 Ford Racing Gears, I got the rears from a guy on here for less but the 8.8 Reverse Cut 4.56 ring and pinion I got from them.

And he quoted me just shy of $400 per axle to re-gear instead of the $650. But before I go saying anything about him being able to do it, I will have to check with him to see if I can still get it for that and if he would be willing to help you out as well.

Originally Posted by Steeda1996
Ok, so I've been thinking about where we could meet up. And like o5_sprcrw said. Even if we just did a quick burger or something would be good. I was thinking Don & Millies on 144th and Harrison in Omaha. And the other choice is Famous Daves on 173rd and Center in Omaha. This way if you want a drink or not the choice is there. Not sure on which day yet. I'm thinking a couple weeks out at least so most everyone has a chance to check their schedules. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.
I am pretty much free anytime I would just need to know a date and I can block it off. I would be fine with any of those places.

Originally Posted by noblem
i have no idea where anything is in omaha and i am terrible at getting around anywhere in that town
And for anyone who does not know Omaha well, but is in or around Lincoln we could all pre-meet somewhere, and I would have know problem leading a "convoy" up to the meet. Actually that could look really sweet....

Old 09-10-2008, 04:23 PM
It doesn't have to be in Omaha. I don't care where it is. But if we do it in Lincoln, someone else will have to decide where in Lincoln because I don't know where anything is there. But I have access to a GPS unit so I know I can find the place as long as I have an address to it. What ever works for everyone is fine by me.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:31 PM

Well if it is in Lincoln, I would suggest either Culver's (27th and Superior closest major intersection)which is right of the interstate, or we could do Applebee's, Chile's, Carlos O Kelley's or Golden Carol. I am mainly just throwing out restaurants right off the interstate to keep it as simple as possible. Those are a few Lincoln, possibilities.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
Well if it is in Lincoln, I would suggest either Culver's (27th and Superior closest major intersection)which is right of the interstate, or we could do Applebee's, Chile's, Carlos O Kelley's or Golden Carol. I am mainly just throwing out restaurants right off the interstate to keep it as simple as possible. Those are a few Lincoln, possibilities.
They all sound good. I was thinking about parking size too. With our trucks I was thinking for the purpose of pictures if we could get all the trucks lined up next to each other and snap a few pics and post them later on. Any of those places have good size parking lots?

Old 09-10-2008, 11:25 PM
I'll keep track of a get-together too. Still no start, have someone coming out Saturday to take a look. No replies at all in the "engines" section here. Hopefully something simple.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:11 PM
When are we having a meet guys!?!??!?! Im back in Omaha and gettin excited!!!

What is everyone doing this Friday or Saturday night!?!?! September 19th or 20th!!?!?!?

Or do you guys want to meet on a later date?!?!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Did you grow up in Fremont?
Sorry for the delayed response. We lived on a farm north of fremont a few miles. Before that we lived in Arlington, and Northbend, and Omaha, and Blair... I mainly grew up in Omaha, I didnt go to Fremont schools..

Old 09-14-2008, 11:46 PM
I got my truck started, Yeah! Apparently a loose crank position sensor. Glad to be running again. Anyway, I guess one of my questions still stands. Who is a reliable mechanic source in the Omaha area? I've been looking at the how-to's on another site, I think I could handle servicing my rear diff, tranny fluid and filter change, and fuel filter if I had experienced eyes watching me. Things are always easier for others, than for me with some of these things. With adequate planning time, I would be willing to host a "maintenance get-together" if anyone would be interested. I have 3 car garage, relatively flat driveway, refrigerator and cable TV in garage if there are any football games on, etc... Let me know what you think. Jump n.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 PM
Ok guys so my moms kicking me out of the house because I dont get along with my step-dad.... Really...

Anyone looking for a roomate?!?!? Seriously! lol

Old 09-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jump n
I got my truck started, Yeah! Apparently a loose crank position sensor. Glad to be running again. Anyway, I guess one of my questions still stands. Who is a reliable mechanic source in the Omaha area? I've been looking at the how-to's on another site, I think I could handle servicing my rear diff, tranny fluid and filter change, and fuel filter if I had experienced eyes watching me. Things are always easier for others, than for me with some of these things. With adequate planning time, I would be willing to host a "maintenance get-together" if anyone would be interested. I have 3 car garage, relatively flat driveway, refrigerator and cable TV in garage if there are any football games on, etc... Let me know what you think. Jump n.
I was wondering if you got it started or not....I kinda forgot about this thread

Still have the intermittent odometer? My 99 used to do that, easy 3 minute fix with a soldering iron once you get the gauge cluster out.
There is a great How-To on here somewhere that I followed.

I might possibly be up for a little get together to work on stuff. I need a few maintenance things done that I havent gotten around too...

Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
Well it looks like it might be issue if we hold the meet in Omaha. No one has objected the idea of having it in Lincoln. I think Culver's sounds good. I've never been there but others from my work have been to one before and love it. But I'm not picky if everyone wants to go somewhere else.

Old 09-15-2008, 01:07 PM

Well it looks like it might be issue if we hold the meet in Omaha. No one has objected the idea of having it in Lincoln. I think Culver's sounds good. I've never been there but others from my work have been to one before and love it. But I'm not picky if everyone wants to go somewhere else.
They make a pretty good burger and it is in a "shopping center". Which we would have the entire west end of the Sams club parking lot to use. It is never that full. We have a car meet that happens every friday night there and there are absolutely zero problems with parking. I would think it would be best for us to line something up on a Sat. I am free for any sat, I just need about a weeks notice so I don't plan on going hunting. And to the member who said something about the 19th or 20th.
The 20th would work for me.....

Old 09-15-2008, 06:17 PM
No issue with a get together with me, I was just suggesting a tool-time get together. It would probably be a good idea just to meet for a burger in Lincoln just to meet and get an idea of who would be interested in a maintenance-type meet.
It looks like I would be open on the 20th, no football game this weekend.
Upon further review, appears I'm finishing cleaning our house for a realtor to come have a look. I'll watch and see what plans turn up here, then will hope that I can make it. Later, Jumpn

Last edited by jump n; 09-16-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by jump n
That sounds like it could be fun, most of that stuff is pretty straight forward. I would be willing to help you with that. I need to rotate tires this week, always look forward to doing that

Originally Posted by rcfreak24
Ok guys so my moms kicking me out of the house because I dont get along with my step-dad.... Really...

Anyone looking for a roomate?!?!? Seriously! lol
That sucks man sorry to hear that, unfortunately I won't be able to help ya there. Good luck. I know all to well how that goes with step dads.

Quick Reply: Anyone in the Omaha Nebraska area?