Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > HVAC
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 05-27-2006, 01:18 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford F150
AC through defrost (different problem) not vacuum

On my 2002 screw 4x4 I was having the same problem of AC through the defrost. After spending 3 hours tracing and checking vacuum lines from the firewall all the way through the dash all the way to the climate control. All vacuum lines checked out OK. I took out my climate control (push button electronic type) and remove the vacuum lines from the back. Good main vacuum line. All other switches worked fine, vent / floor / floor-pnl/ defrost ect. I determined it to be a bad switch. I went to the local wrecking yard, got lucky and found an identical unit. Took it to my truck plugged it in and good old cold air started blowing out of vents. This all took me about 3-4 hours and $40.00 to my wrecking yard and I was back in business. In my truck, removing the climate control would take only about 10 - 15 minutes. An easy way to check to see if you are getting vacuum to the unit.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 ford f150
i think im having a similar problem, i cant seem to find a leak anywhere. i think i hear a leak inside the climate control head unit.. did you hear anything like that in yours?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 ford f150
by the way im also running a 2002 4x4 screw
Old 05-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Garage is empty, add now

03 F150 4x4 Screw

Anyone know if twhiz is talking about a switch built into the unit or somewhere else.

How would you pull the unit?
Old 05-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2003 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to PureCracker182
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain man View Post
03 F150 4x4 Screw

Anyone know if twhiz is talking about a switch built into the unit or somewhere else.

How would you pull the unit?
He is talking about the whole head unit i believe. I dont think you can remove the vacuum acuator out of the head unit.

How did you find one for $40 bucks. Yo got a hell of a deal. Im having the same problem but I dont want to give Ford $480 for a new one. I have been searching for one and cant find one yet. Would a **** style one work in its places instead of the button control? just cuious. Thanks
Purchased: Feb 5, 2005

2005 Yamaha TTR-230
Stock
Purchased: May 28, 2005
Old 06-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2007 Ford F150
Why does a vacuum line run into the A/C control panel?
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Ford F250 6.8
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreedKR View Post
Why does a vacuum line run into the A/C control panel?
Because all of the airflow control motors are run by vacuum.

The control unit has the task of switching vacuum to the proper motors based on whatever airflow pattern is selected.

The vacuum motors then move doors or flaps inside the dash plenum to change the direction of airflow.

Steve
Old 06-02-2008, 08:48 AM