Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150

After having used this new unit since I purchased it in October 2015, I've found some annoying issues that even Alpine and my local shop don't know how to solve:

1. "No Paired Phones Found" message: I see this message about 1-2 minutes after I start up the unit. My phone (Verizon Galaxy Note 4) pairs immediately/automatically just fine.

But then 1-2 min after it's booted up, I get this message across the entire screen - "No paired phones found".

Cannot determine what is causing this message to show up, even Alpine support and my local shop don't know what's causing it. Support recommended that I factory reset my phone...which I have done for unrelated reasons multiple times since having the Restyle, and this message shows regardless. I have factory reset the Restyle too, and removed and re-synced my phone many times. Still shows. Anyone know why?

2. Customized Source Banner Resets to Stock Order: One of the features in the settings allows you to customize the Source Banner Order.

Basically change the order of inputs to whatever you want, so your most used inputs are in a row shown first. I have customized this many times, and I notice that after X number of power cycles during normal driving/operation, the source banner is reset to the stock order. I can't find a pattern as to the number of boots or turning the unit on/off that causes it to reset. It's not an issue of losing power, as all my other settings/favorites, etc are still saved. It's just this banner order resetting. Alpine support told me that it's a bug in the software, and to have my shop contact their Alpine rep for a system software update that isn't available to me, the end user, to do myself. I took it in last week, watched them call their rep, and be told there are no updates for the Restyle software... I think this is a bug in the software, but no one can confirm it. Anyone seen this before?

3. Stock SYNC Screen is Randomly Blank: This is a picture of the stock 09 F-150 SYNC screen.

Since having the Restyle installed, this is supposed to show the date/time as shown in the picture (The compass and temp ALWAYS show). This screen is randomly blank when I turn the car on. Sometimes the date/time shows up right away when the Restyle boots and stays on for the trip, other times it's blank for 10-30 min and then suddenly shows up, other times it's blank the entire time until the next power cycle. Again, Alpine support and my local shop have no clue why. My shop thinks it's a bug in the Maestro software that controls this. Alpine had no clue. Any ideas?

Thank you all in advance for reading this, and I appreciate any help that any of you might be able to offer.

Quick Reply: Questions about some quirks with my Alpine Restyle X009-FD1 in my 2009 F-150