AVIC D3 speed input failing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVIC D3 speed input failing?

This seems dumb, and possibly I'm overlooking something but the speed input (VSS)/vehicle parameter function on my AVIC D3 is failing to work and everything is hooked up?? Am I missing a setting? I'm at a loss since it just quit on me and everything is still hooked up... Any ideas or anyone had a similar issue?

I searched and for the most part only found people (including myself a long time ago ) asking about the VSS wire..

Old 11-25-2010, 10:06 PM
TK5
I believe that is the wire that everyone usually leaves disconnected. Check out www.avic411.com

Old 11-28-2010, 11:00 PM

That is the problem, mine is already connected.. It just quite wanting to function. When I turn on the vehicle parameter feature I get a "feature not available at this time" message over the speedo portion, and the same message over the other two features. The only feature that works is the clock

Old 11-30-2010, 01:47 AM
TK5
Try disconnecting the VSS wire, it couldn't hurt. If it doesn't help then you can just reconnect that wire. Did you check out the Avic411.com forum?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by TK5
Try disconnecting the VSS wire, it couldn't hurt. If it doesn't help then you can just reconnect that wire. Did you check out the Avic411.com forum?

I snooped around a bit.. Most posts are about locating the correct wire. I'll give disconnecting the wire a try.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:43 AM
Why disconnect?? How is that going to solve the problem?

Make sure the wire is connected first and hasnt rattled loose. If soldered make sure you dont have a cold joint that has now failed (will happen if a cold joint).

If that is secure, reset the VSS sensor inside the radio. There is an option to do so from the screen.

If that doesnt work, run a meter on the VSS and test to see if there is a change (speed dependant of course). Test on both AC and DC.

If the voltage changes, check the pins on the back of the harness. This is rare but can come loose from time to time.

If that doesnt help, either get over it () or call Pioneer (800 421-1404)

Quick Reply: AVIC D3 speed input failing?