Missing some Notification Icons on laptop, how do I get them back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Missing some Notification Icons on laptop, how do I get them back?

I have no idea what I did, or if I even did anything at all. When I turned my laptop on today I noticed that two of the notification icons, the little thingys at the bottom right of the screen by the clock, are gone.

There is usually a battery icon that shows when the computer is charging and how much battery I have left, and another one of a computer that shows when I am connected to a network. For some reason they are gone.

I figured if I right click in that space and go to "Customize Notification Icons..." I would see them there and be able to get them back, but, nothing.

Any ideas??

Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont have my laptop infront of me, but for the network icon gointo your "network places" and go to "view network connections" and find the network your on.

next right click the icon and then go to properties a small check box should be at the bottom and its says something like show icon when connected.

for the battery im not sure if its something in control panel or something that came with the toplap itself like from dell or something.

i would try and start with power managment or something like that in control panal

Old 01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vista?

Common issue, check here.

Old 01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That was it momalle, got them all back now.

Thanks for the help both of you

Quick Reply: Missing some Notification Icons on laptop, how do I get them back?