Expedition / Navigator

Expediton lowering and Lightning bumper ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2000, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Expediton lowering and Lightning bumper ??'s

ok i got a few questions about some modifications i want to do to my exp. first..i have been reading around and it seems like the general feeling is the best lowering for the f150 is the 4/6 by western. im assuming that will work the same on my 97 xlt exp?? my 2nd question is about a previous post i read about a lightning bumper on a exp. i want to know if i can get the bumper and its parts online or should i just go down to my ford dealership and have them order it for me..do i need to replace the entire front grill as well?? thanks in advance for any help!!
Brent

Old 09-29-2000, 06:07 PM
brentanderson,

If you need some 4" lowering springs for the rear let me know. I have some that were only on our Expedition for 4 days. I'm ready to unload them!

Let me know.

------------------
99 4x4 XLT supercab 5.4L Flareside, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Med. Graphite w/Captain Chairs, Pioneer DEP-4000, Tint, K&N,75mm BBK TB, Bedliner, 3" Catback w/3 Chamber Flowmaster, Superchip, 285/75/16 BFG A/T on American Racing Python wheels, Stull Billet Grill, Clear Corner Lenses.

'00 Expedition XLT, Silver w/Dark graphite interior, 5.4L, Stull Billet Grill, clear corners and some other stuff. All in all she'll stay stock. Ok, maybe a Flowmaster 50 series soon.

Old 09-29-2000, 06:40 PM
well thanks but i think im gonna buy the package deal from sport truck direct. do u know any of the answers to my questions though??

Old 09-29-2000, 10:45 PM
Forget the 6in drop in the rear. 4in max and most likey you won't like the ride. Unless you like to be in cruise mode. 4in drop in the front? If you use your stock tires they will hit the top of the fender. Unless you are going to use a smaller tires (if you use 20's etc also) you will have to have an overall smaller height wheel. In otherwords the 4in drop sucks unless you want to be a Lowrider with skinnys. The max I'd do is 3in kit. Been there, done it, regretted it. If you want low and ride quality, Air Bag it. Also with the afermarket arms you'll need to weld some sort of steering stop bec the caliper will hit he arm, they all do it, ask me how I know? check the site etc... for more info before you jump out of the jelly into a jam.

[This message has been edited by Silver X (edited 09-29-2000).]

Old 09-30-2000, 12:43 AM
hey man thanks..ive been thinking it over and your right..thats too low and too much hassle. i think im just gonna go w/ the lighting front and the lighting tires..i saw one guys x on here like that and it looks just like the look i want..so thanks for helping talk me out of making my x a ground scraper!!

Old 09-30-2000, 03:35 AM
Banned
TO answer your other question yes you do have to buy the trim part around the headlights also. if you go to a ford dealer look at a newer expy or f150 and the grill part dips down on the newer one and it doesnt on the older models. this will create a gap if you dont replace it.
hope this helps.

bomber

Old 09-30-2000, 05:47 AM
thanks for your help..i have spoke w/ the guy, wes who has the lightning front..its gonna cost about a grand but its worth for a facelift cuz i think all that darn chrome on my front is tacky!! thanks for all the help guys!

Quick Reply: Expediton lowering and Lightning bumper ??'s