A lot of electrical system errors after installing a new audio system. PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A lot of electrical system errors after installing a new audio system. PLEASE HELP!!

Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated on the following errors and why they may be coming up. Ok, so I decided to run my own tweeters, door speakers and sub to replace the Sony "10 speaker" system I got all the wiring ran and decided to use a audio control lC8i to sum all channels to a clean coax to give my amp a full range line in. I wired and tapped into on the lines that come out of the Sony amp and used the wiring diagram that was online to make sure I was tapping into the correct speaker's for the correct Channel . No other wires were messed with but after I got my system done, which works fully, I'm getting tons of.errors after starting my 2014 f150 FX4, here are the errors: Service adcancetrac(traction control light is on in the dash), hill decent assist fault, airbag light (when I sit in passenger seat the light stays on off and light on dash is illuminated), 911 assist error with sync, and "remove objects near passenger seat" error. Any ideas why? I took apart all 4 doors and the center consul to get to the amp. I'm pretty sure all wires were reconnected ( will double check tomorrow). I also tapped in to fuse 38 for my REM line for my amp which deals with the radio and only receives power when the truck is on, but I basically put the wire in the fuse sport and passed the fuse back in.

Any help would be great and I appreciate it, this is my first post and I hope I'm in the correct area. Thanks ahead of time for any responses!

Old 04-13-2015, 10:36 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I basically put the wire in the fuse sport and passed the fuse back in.
NOT the right way to do it - you need a fuse tap ("Add-A-Fuse").

Old 04-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
NOT the right way to do it - you need a fuse tap ("Add-A-Fuse").
Ok, I'll give that a try. Do you think that could fix the issues?

Old 04-13-2015, 01:32 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
No idea, but I do know good electrical wiring practices and simply shoving a wire under a fuse is very unprofessional. That makes me wonder what other lousy shortcuts you may have taken.

Quick Reply: A lot of electrical system errors after installing a new audio system. PLEASE HELP!!