2009 F150 Remote Starter Issues

Old 09-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 Remote Starter Issues

Looking for some help, I have a 2009 F150 with a factory installed remote. Yesterday when i went to start the truck with the remote the following happened
lights on, door locks etc as usual and then the horn started beeping (6 times), according to the users manual this means the valet mode is on, so I tried to disable it as per the instructions resulting in no change. I did some searching and found this method to try and reset.
key in ignition in on position
door open with locks unlocked
foot on break and push button under the dash and wait for the horn to beep three times
turn ignition of
start engine and it should be back to normal

The end result is now the remote doesn't work at all for anything, I tried to reprogram it as per directions no luck, i changed the batteries, no luck. I found my old remotes that just lock and unlock the doors and they work fine. I'm at a loss.....

Bob.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:15 PM
When I went to add remote start and alarm to my truck I found out the factory system is a Code Alarm with a Ford Key Fob. On the newer trucks it is all plug and play in the harness but on the older it is spliced in so you could have a bad connection ie Scotch lock gone bad. I am assuming this since you have both sets of fob's that the remote start was a dealer install and not a factory option. When you did the reprogram did you relearn the key fob's? Most of the Code Alarm systems I have worked with require relearning the key fobs anytime you reset or change programs.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:17 PM
yes i did that as well, no change

Old 09-29-2013, 12:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Which remote start did the dealer install ?
- There is factory remote start, only OEM and it is dealer installed.

The other question, does your 2009 have the Mykey setup
- Don't know if this was 2010 only or not. 09-10 was a bastard series like the 97-98 MYs.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:45 PM
All of the Factory systems I could find for my 09 were code alarm systems built for Ford so some of the connectors are plug and play and some of it still requires hard wiring. I don't know if he has My Key which would be a complete plug and play setup only requiring deal programing and you can buy it from many online dealers. If my truck had My Key I would of bought the factory setup installed it myself and took it to the dealer to be programed which I was quoted 100 bucks to have done. Since I did not have My Key I went with a Viper system with much longer range. It is also possible his PATS has lost the code for his key which would make it not work. Since the vehicle will not start with out the key code but since he has lost all FOB functions it has to be the brain is dead or has lost power. Waiting for a pdf to download will try and get it later have to get some sleep.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:30 AM
The remote starter is a dealer installed factory version, not sure about the MyKey, I didn't,t see anything in the owners manual for it. The owners manual calls it a "Ford Motor Company PowerCode" System.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 F150 Remote Starter Issues