Several electrical issues...need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several electrical issues...need help

I bought this truck about two months ago. I found out right away that when I push the lock/unlock button the drivers side does not lock or unlock. The passenger's side locked and unlocked just fine. I have to manually unlock and lock the driver's side door. This isn't that big of a deal.

I then had a problem with my driver's side window going up and down a few weeks ago. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Yesterday I left the window cracked an inch while I was golfing and then on the way home it would not go up or down. This morning I was able to roll the window up and down just fine. I had it rolled all the way down and when I parked at work I was not able to roll the window back up. All day I couldn't get it back up and even now I have to leave it down all night. I am guessing it is the switch but who knows.

I also have a problem with the air conditioning and heating. This started about two weeks ago. I get absolutely no air coming out of the vents. Once again, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But, more often than not it doesn't work. The other day I had the AC cranked and didn't know it. I was driving down the road and all of a sudden it came on full blast! It just popped on out of nowhere.

I am not sure if all of these electrical issues are related, but any help with any of these issues would be appreciated. I don't want to have to worry about my window being down all night, as I don't have a garage. Thank you!

Old 09-17-2013, 01:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Check out the how to articles, there is a diy for the window switch.

The door lock is probably the actuator.

The a/c, I don't know.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:26 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The AC issue may well be a worn out blower motor. You'll have to make the proper diagnostic tests.

Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1. Driver's side power lock

As posted above, I would also take a SWAG that it is the actuator. If you unplug the actuator from the harness in the door, use a meter to test for + VDC on the connector. One direction ( i.e. unlock ) will be + VDC the other direction will be reverse polarity ( i.e. - VDC ).

2. driver's side power window

This I would take a SWAG is the motor itself, the switch issue happens more often on the 2004+ MY truck.
Thread on testing and if needed removing the power window motor
https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...dow-motor.html

3. AC ( HVAC ) blower issue.
Is this the blower motor does not work ?
- If so is it any speed setting ( specific test high speed setting on the switch ).
You have a XLT, so it is the manual HVAC unit, correct ?
Does this happen on AC only or also on vent ?
- i.e. the blower motor works fine on vent settings.

Let us know when you get a chance to verify the items above.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think the issue with my driver's side power window is the motor. Today everything worked just fine. I was able to get it up and down no problem. Sometimes it just doesn't move. I can here something click down by my feet every time I push the down button.

I am not sure if it is the manual HVAC unit. All I know is most of the time I get no air blowing out no matter what setting it is on. It could be on A/C, panel, floor, etc. Nothing happens. It doesn't work on any speed either. But yesterday all of sudden it worked again. Today it did not work. Weird!!! Thanks for everyones help I am gonna dig around a lot this weekend and see if I can come up with something.

Quick Reply: Several electrical issues...need help