Need Help with Remote Window Module!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help with Remote Window Module!

Ok so my remote window module to roll up and down my SPAL power windows came in yesterday. I started working on installing it today and im having a problem with the wiring. Heres some visual aid:

How I have my window switches wired -

The instructions for the Module -

Now the way I interpreted the instructions was to cut the leads from the switches to the motors and pass them through the module.... if that makes any sense. But obviously that doesnt work..... can anyone shine some light on me?

Old 08-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
generally, you need to get as close to the motors as possible where you add the module tap. I have used the DEI piece a couple of times, and they need to "see" the AC noise on the circuit in order to function properly. I can't figure your schematic out at quick glance, but most are some type of reverse polarity/rest at ground system, so your "up" pair goes to the wire that goes high when you roll the window up, with the modules "switch" wire going into the side of the wire that still responds to the switch when you cut it. The "down" circuit is the same, and the Passenger side is more of the same...

EDIT: yes, you are on the right track when you said to cut between the switch and the motor. Also you need a serious 12v supply to power the module, as it will be carrying all the window motor current now, times two when you use the remote to roll 'em up or down...

EEDIT: Make sure you are tapped in AFTER the relay ( on the high-current side)

Last edited by Mattmanyam; 08-10-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Need Help with Remote Window Module!