Just 2 hi flows now, what about tuner ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just 2 hi flows now, what about tuner ?

Hey guys and Mike T if he sees this. I have recently removed the stock 4 cats and replaced with the 2 hi flow cats. Should I be doing anything with the tuner to adjust for the new set up I really dont know if anything needs to be done or not. Thanks to anyone who can help

Old 09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi DRK,

No, there's nothing else that needs to be changed just from the proper installation of replacement cats - as long as those cats were installed properly and the downstream O2's put back in place after them, you generally don't need to change anything else, as you shouldn't be getting any check engine lights (SES, or Service Engine Soon), etc.

Those high-flow cats generally aren't going to cause the motor to go lean, for example - we don't see that happen when checking the A/F's. In general, the affect of those cats is to pick up another 5-8 HP (or more, depends on just how powerful the motor itself is) and the exhaust is a bit louder - that's it, it doesn't generally change engine tuning requirements.

Have fun!

Old 09-25-2003, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mike, as always quick response and detailed answers I have had no problems, no lights, etc. and it sounds awesome IMO. Thanks again

Old 09-25-2003, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You're very welcome, as always, & glad to hear no problems!

Quick Reply: Just 2 hi flows now, what about tuner ?