Plastic cleaner that is not slippery

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plastic cleaner that is not slippery

Hey guys, quick question. Looking for a clear to use on the trim and moulding plastics on the outside of the truck that aren't too slippery. I have a tendency to step up on the tire and onto the bed rail to get into my truck, but tired of almost falling on my head. What do you guys use?

Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by F_ast
Hey guys, quick question. Looking for a clear to use on the trim and moulding plastics on the outside of the truck that aren't too slippery. I have a tendency to step up on the tire and onto the bed rail to get into my truck, but tired of almost falling on my head. What do you guys use?

Short answer...none of them are non slick.

Long answer.... Your tires shouldn't be an issue bc you are stepping on the top and not on the side wall...the bed rails can be slick and you'll have to "re learn" not to get in your truck that way. That all being said, not all are like butter on corn slick but most have some degree of slickness to them. Net is, I NEVER step on my bed rails...instead, swing a leg over. Must safer too.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Armor All has came out with a detailing cleaning and protectant. It can be used on all plastics inside and out and it is not shiny. I used it on my wifes 08 Tahoe and was very pleased with the way it made the dash doors and steps look natural without the shiny slick feeling. I picked it up at Oreilly so im sure just about any auto store will have it.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
I wonder if that's similar to Megs quick interior detailer? That stuff isn't very shiny or slippery.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I use the Armorall toweletts for Plastic and Vinyl. It is not slippery and works very well. Probably the same stuff.

Quick Reply: Plastic cleaner that is not slippery