Opinions on Meguiars Gold Class wax ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions on Meguiars Gold Class wax ?

The kind that they carry at Wally World. {It's seems odd to me, but when you look at Meguiars products online, they sometimes have a completely different line of products, than what I find locally}

Anyway, I actually bought / used the Meguiars Gold Class wax last week, for a complete hand waxing of the truck. It seemed to wipe off "really easy"..... which of course, is nice...... But that leads me to wonder about its durability of protection. Another thing was, even though it was a cool day, (on hot days I've seen where wax will get softer in the can, and get used up faster) it seemed to take quite a bit of the can, for one waxing of my truck ? I dunno... close to half the can ?

In the past, I've used the Meguiars cleaner wax in the red can {$5 a can}, and liked it quite a bit. Next I tried Meguiars NXT 2.0 in the purple can {$14 a can} and didn't like it as much.... it seemed harder to remove, plus it did not leave the surface as slick feeling ?

So again, this time I used the M. Gold Class {$10 a can} and "I think" I like it the best, but it will depend on durability.

Your experience with these three waxes ?

Thank you,
Fish

Old 05-02-2009, 02:23 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
It sounds like you are using WAY too much product. You need to spread it way out so you barely have a haze. NXT 2.0 is VERY easy to remove if you apply it SPARINGLY and let it dry completely before removing. Wax does its work on application, not removal - rub it in. Over-application only makes it harder to remove and creates a lot of dust.

Old 05-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Half a can?

Haven't used it personally, but I've always heard it isn't the best in the durability department. If you wanna stick with Megs products, you could try #26 (they have it both in liquid and paste form). You can usually find it at Advanced/Autozone, though it might be cheaper online.

The stuff you usually see online is their "pro" stuff, while the stuff you usually see at Walmart is their consumer line (I think aka A-line.)

Old 05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
I'd use NXT 2.0, and if you want more "pop" top it with #26 or the Deep Crystal step 3 carnauba. Another very durable wax is Collinite 845 - Harbor Freight used to carry it, they may still have some left. I'm sure the Poorboys and Optimum fans will jump in with their recommendations, but you won't find that stuff on the shelf anywhere.

Quick Reply: Opinions on Meguiars Gold Class wax ?