Bedliners, Caps, Tops & Lids
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peragon Truck Bed Cover Inquiry and Offer

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the Peragon since July. I really like almost everything about it; the look, the operation, the security and ease of use. It's black and looks awesome on my black truck. I got the dual lock and its definitely secure. it retracts and detaches easily. The only issue I have is that it does take in some water. I took extra care during installation, which was pretty easy by the way, and when in found that it took some water in, I put some extra weatherstripping under the rails and even put a little bit of silicone in the front corners of the bed underneath the cover. It still leaked. I've come to the conclusion that it just must leak through the seals between panels, bc I've definitely addressed any obvious leak points. Not sure if everyone else has this same problem, but I did everything I could think of and it still gets a bit wet in there. Just enough to be annoying. I actually have a few totes that I use to store anything that really can't get wet (tools, electronics, etc) and its not really a big deal. Overall, though, I really like the cover and would still recommend it.

One more note: when installing, if you use the Peragon installation videos that they send links to in the instructions, (I think they were on YouTube) be careful when trimming the front weatherstrip. The video was deceiving to me. It seemed like the installer notched his weatherstripping a certain way, but when I installed it, it seemed to make much more sense NOT to notch it, but just cut the ends straight. I guess this might be hard to understand until you are actually looking at it during installation, but I thought it worth warning about.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Sponsor
LFLOODT,

Thank you for the report!

The manual indicates to cut that seal off straight as you mentioned. However, we received several comments from folks saying they didn't care for that and preferred a notch on the seal. I guess it's up to the person installing. I'm the star in that particular video and I was asked to demonstrate that notching technique. If you folks have an idea that would make that seal trimming better in some way, please let me know!!

Thanks again!!

Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Hi Rodger,
I gave that weatherstrip video a bit more thought after your post. Maybe it has to do with whether or not the person has a bed liner, the type of liner, etc. I guess it could be different for each install, and people should just be aware of it during installation. For me, I did the notch prior to installing it on the bed, then realized it would have been better not notched after installation and wished i hadn't. I do have a bed liner, FYI.

It's cool that you monitor the forums and user feedback,. it shows you and your company care about user experience, and as I've seen in threads before with responses by you and Heath, take that into account to continue to develop your product. I think I actually spoke with you on the phone when making my purchase.

Any feedback on the water issue? I was wondering if there could be anything I'm overlooking. I do have the tailgate seal. I am aware that a totally dry retractable cover may be unrealistic, but I have also seen reviews by other users saying they are leak free. Thanks again!

-Chris

Old 11-09-2012, 03:14 PM
Sponsor
Hi Chris -

Here are a couple things you could check that might help:

1) Is the seal on the last panel tight against the tailgate? If not, try adjusting the rail system closer to the tailgate. (see page 16 in the install manual)

2) Are the side rails tilting upward? If they are, that could reduce the effectiveness of the seal between the rails and the panels. The following link shows what a level and non-level rail look like. Although the rail shown here is tilting downward, one that is tilting up is fixed the same way. http://www.peragon.com/files/RailTippingDescription.pdf

3) If this doesn't help, please call me and we can discuss your particular situation. It is often easier to troubleshoot by phone. You're right, you won't get a completely dry bed with a retractable truck bed cover, but we can make sure it is dialed in to the best it can be.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
I have owned my Peragon for a little under a year now. No complaints here. They clearly state that it's not water resistant. Although water does get in, it's minimal. Good news doesn't normally travel as much as Bad news. So when i came across this thread I had to drop my two cents off. Peragon is by far a stand up company. American made, discounts offered, comparable to the market, excellent quality, fast shipping, etc etc...the list goes on. The most important thing that we all think of is PRICE!!!! I'm a believer in getting what you pay for.....Well that was until I received my Peragon. I actually feel like I got a bit more. And I tell everyone about them.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am 100% with Bryguy. I love my Peragon cover and the service is second to nothing that I've experienced - with ANY company.

I cannot wait to post some pics.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM
Sponsor
Thank you Bryguy1822 and Rockpick for those last two posts!

Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 PM
I love my Peragon cover! Lots of research time went into this purchase and I am happy I went with the Peragon. Took me about 2.5 hours (4 beers) to install it from opening the boxes to closing it on my truck and locking it. Went with all the upgrades. Seems to fit perfect. Nice tight fit against the tailgate. I screwed up trimming the front piece and made a cut square across the seal instead of notching it. It is winter time though here in Montana so everything is frozen. No water issue yet.

I guess the only thing I was a little surprised about was the amount that it "fluttered" going down the road. I thought that with it being all aluminum it would be completely ridged going down the road. This is not the case. There is a little bit of movement. I would attribute this to the fact that there is a balance between weight (ease of install and removal), and overall rigidity.

Thanks again for the great service and excellent product!

Austin

Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Sponsor
Thank you MontanaBuilder for your great post!

In the constant quest for perfection, or as close as we can get to it, we've made another improvement in our design that addresses this very thing.

We have developed an interlock for the panels that eliminates the movement that can occur.

Old 01-04-2013, 04:59 PM
Well, in less it can be retro fitted, I guess I'll just look forward to that on my next one!

Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Sponsor
We're checking on the possibility of retrofitting these. I'll let you know.

Old 01-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Sponsor
Just got word back on this. Unfortunately retrofitting this feature isn't possible.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM
Are the new ones that are shipping with this interlock feature? Does it change anything with installation, how it functions or prevent water intrusion any better (not that it is much of a problem with the others)?

Also, I'm wondering why the price is the same for a 5.5 bed as it is for an 8 bed? I would think there would be a little bit of a price spread between these with both number of panels and cost of materials.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Sponsor
Originally Posted by HeadWest
Are the new ones that are shipping with this interlock feature? Does it change anything with installation, how it functions or prevent water intrusion any better (not that it is much of a problem with the others)?

Also, I'm wondering why the price is the same for a 5.5 bed as it is for an 8 bed? I would think there would be a little bit of a price spread between these with both number of panels and cost of materials.
Thank you for the consideration HW!

All covers are currently shipping with the interlocks. It doesn't change anything with the install or how it functions. I don't believe the interlocks will change the water resistance characteristics of the cover.

The price used to be the same for long and short beds, but that changed on January 1. The long beds are now higher. You can get current pricing by going to http://peragon.com/buy/

Take care!

Old 01-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Thanks Rodger. Just ordered my F150 today, will get my Paragon cover ordered in about a month.

Quick Reply: Peragon Truck Bed Cover Inquiry and Offer