ford ecoboost 3.5

Old 08-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ford ecoboost 3.5

anybody know of a way to build boost quicker off line for dirt drags, I have a f150 2011 automatic

Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Former Sponsor
A 3015 SCT tuner will do that with the 93 tune. 51 rwhp gains and 108 feet of torque increase.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:15 PM
SCT tuner is a nice addition. You can try custom tunes from 5Star, they work with the SCT tuner.

Old 08-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post some vids of your dirt drags!! Sounds wild HC !

Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 PM
Just got a 2012 FX ecoboost. I have a 6 inch lift with 35 inch tires. Air aid Cold air intake. Was considering a Chip or programer, but every company claims they are the best. Any ideas?

I would love more performance, but don't want to put to much stress on my truck.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Bama
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...unes-read.html

sticky is posted a top of forum.

Of course companies think they are the best. Do some research and then decide. Your money, your decision - we aint gonna be driving your truck so you need to be comfortable with your decision.

Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
I wouldn't be comfortable with ANY programmer on an Ecoboost due to possible warranty issues. However, you DO have to do something to correct the speedo/odo for the big tires.

Then again, there might be a warranty issue with the CAI - Ford is cracking down on mods and it all depends on your dealer how close they are gonna look.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I know that with some programmers you can "un-marry" the programmer from your ECU and return it back to stock. When the dealer runs a diagnostic test on the car it will only show that the computer has been re-flashed. I use to do it with my Subaru for warranty work. They would ask about the ECU reset and I would just tell them that I cleared it with my AutoZone Code Reader because I didnt want o make the trip to the dealer. Worked every time. I dont know if there is any Programmers for the ECO out there that do the same but I sure am interested! Looking to add better throttle response, slightly more boost and increase my tow rating. I hear Super Chips has one of the better programmers out there..?

Old 10-05-2012, 12:03 PM
A lot of tuning out there already re: ecoboost. Plenty of discussion on this forum already, use the search function.

5startuning
Livernois motorsports
etc etc

http://www.youtube.com/user/campford...ure=CBAQwRs%3D

I'm too lazy to dig anything else up for you

Enjoy, and let us know what you choose.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost_Inc
I know that with some programmers you can "un-marry" the programmer from your ECU and return it back to stock. When the dealer runs a diagnostic test on the car it will only show that the computer has been re-flashed. I use to do it with my Subaru for warranty work. They would ask about the ECU reset and I would just tell them that I cleared it with my AutoZone Code Reader because I didnt want o make the trip to the dealer. Worked every time. I dont know if there is any Programmers for the ECO out there that do the same but I sure am interested! Looking to add better throttle response, slightly more boost and increase my tow rating. I hear Super Chips has one of the better programmers out there..?
To start with, any dealer can not only tell that you have reprogrammed the ECM but when & what exactly the programming was.....

http://www.flatratetech.com/communit...ne#entry220469
Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:30 AM
Fullsizeblazin “They most definitely can! Once they pull the Mode 9 file on the IDS all your dirty little secrets will be revealed and your warranty will be promptly voided.”

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ford ecoboost 3.5