2015 - 2020 F-150

Incentives

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Incentives

I just read that Ford is going to stop the "Friends and Neighbors" sale and instead use incentives. I guess customers didn't understand that with that program there is no negotiating on the price of the vehicle so they weren't buying any. My initial thoughts are that the incentives are going to be about what the Friends and Neighbors discounts were, maybe a little less. The up side is for those who are eligible for the X-plan, since they still get the incentives. This is supposed to go in effect Tuesday. Once I read it I filled out the application and submitted the documents to get my pin. Would anybody have any idea how long it typically takes Ford to issue the pin? I have always had to ask them a couple weeks after I submit the paperwork about the pin. It has always seemed that the pin was ready they just didn't send it to me.

This is also good for me, because I submitted my credit application and revealed it to my dealer, and told him exactly what truck I wanted and at what price. His first response was, "We missed the price point by $2800." My response was well that won't work. His complaint was that they had to go to another dealership to get the truck so they wouldn't get the holdback. Hell the dealership is only an hour away. I can drive there myself for $2800. Just so you don't think I'm being a hard *** about the negotiation, I was at the dealership and drove a Lariat version of the truck I wanted, out the door price was ~$16k and listed at ~$39k. The truck I put the offer in on listed at ~$33k. After doing the math and figuring out taxes and all of that, they would have had to come up on my trade $300. Oh yeah and the salesman said they lose the hold back only if the other dealership doesn't agree to trade a truck and the dealership that has the truck has no problem trading. Hopefully I hear something today or Monday about working out a better deal. But then again if Ford offers the higher incentives and I use my pin I might just opt for the Lariat. Edited to add: I made it very clear I'm buying this, because I am planing to move up north in a year or two and there is no rush on my part. In all reality, if I don't buy this now, I'll probably wait until the Rangers come out and buy one of those.

Last edited by 1depd; 11-28-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had a hassle of a trade between dealers. I did pull a pickup out of Idaho one time and had to pay for the transport drivers time.

I'll be curious what the new Ranger has for a power plant. I was hoping to see them come in with their international Diesel, but the EPA may have other things to say about that option.

If you aren't in a hurry to buy, I would hold firm on your price and let the dealer squirm to sell it to you.

Old 11-28-2015, 11:11 AM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
IIRC, it took me about 2 weeks to get a X-plan PIN.

Old 11-28-2015, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WoodsTruck
I've never had a hassle of a trade between dealers. I did pull a pickup out of Idaho one time and had to pay for the transport drivers time.

I'll be curious what the new Ranger has for a power plant. I was hoping to see them come in with their international Diesel, but the EPA may have other things to say about that option.

If you aren't in a hurry to buy, I would hold firm on your price and let the dealer squirm to sell it to you.
My current truck they wanted to charge me ~$200 for a transfer. I opted to wait until a truck came in that I wanted. I only waited a couple weeks.

I figure the Ranger will have a NA 4 cylinder, a NA 6 and an ecoboost.

Since I don't need the new truck, if they can't come down then I won't buy. It's that simple. I don't care about their hold back, since their own salesman told me the dealership they would have to trade with normally trades and that allows my dealership to keep the hold back. It also makes sense that the truck I want lists for $6k less and of that should be transferred into the bottom line.

I think the new incentives that come out Tuesday and my x-plan should wind up with me paying a lot less than the $10k I wanted.

Quick Reply: Incentives