2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 12:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You didn't happen to have a 2" spacer installed before did you ?

Old 10-06-2016, 10:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ab46501
So I have been looking this over. Notice the little triangle hole in the truck frame. In my picture the 3rd spring coil from the bottom appears to be next/even to it. In both your left and right pictures your 4th coil from the bottom appears to be next to it.

Even though it is not clear in my picture I compared the 13500076T number on the coil to mine and I have the same. Assuming then that there is no difference in the coil, just from the eye test it does not appear that the separation between coils is larger on yours than mine, then the problem is above that point.

All I can think of is 3 things. The strut is not seated properly in the mount pocket up top. The top of the rancho strut on your set it longer than mine. The mount pockets on your truck are in a lower position on the frame than other models.

Someone might have another idea but I don't see what else it could be.
It's obvious comparing your pictures to mine, that there is a big difference in CV angle and steering. I removed the quicklifts last weekend and gathered some more measurements for Rancho CS, but haven't heard anything back yet. Now RANCHO SHOCKS is not accepting PMs??

I double checked the seating and everything was fine. I reinstalled the stock struts with a 1.5" Auto Spring spacer and the truck rides perfect and I have my 2" lift.

Last edited by JMan2015; 10-06-2016 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Added information
Old 10-06-2016, 11:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JMan2015
It's obvious comparing your pictures to mine, that there is a big difference in CV angle and steering. I removed the quicklifts last weekend and gathered some more measurements for Rancho CS, but haven't heard anything back yet. Now RANCHO SHOCKS is not accepting PMs??

I double checked the seating and everything was fine. I reinstalled the stock struts with a Auto Spring spacer and the truck rides perfect and I have my 2" lift.
Glad to hear you are back in business! Nothing worse than a new truck that you're not happy with.. Good luck with the return, I know they still haven't refunded me...

Old 10-06-2016, 11:35 AM
Technical Article Contributor

I double checked the seating and everything was fine. I reinstalled the stock struts with a Auto Spring spacer and the truck rides perfect and I have my 2" lift.
Glad you got it worked out. While my Rancho set up has been great there do seem to be a few folks who experience unexplained issues like yours.

Old 10-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Glad you got it worked out. While my Rancho set up has been great there do seem to be a few folks who experience unexplained issues like yours.
I'm just happy I can drive it again, the Bull Reds are running down here in Texas and not being able to get down the beach has been stressing me out! I've missed 3 weekends of fishing!

Old 10-08-2016, 01:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good! I miss seeing your previous '05 on the forum though!

39"s from ground to fender with about 2" of level, that aluminum really shines there! My '07 is about 38" I believe with the same setup.

I was bummed out not getting a full 2.5" but it does sit balanced so I lived with it. I agree on them being a great operable setup.

Old 10-10-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Looks good! I miss seeing your previous '05 on the forum though!

39"s from ground to fender with about 2" of level, that aluminum really shines there! My '07 is about 38" I believe with the same setup.

I was bummed out not getting a full 2.5" but it does sit balanced so I lived with it. I agree on them being a great operable setup.

Thanks Darren! I really like the new truck but there are times I miss my 05. I put I lot of work into that truck and made it mine but it was just time for a new one.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:08 AM

I double checked the seating and everything was fine. I reinstalled the stock struts with a 1.5" Auto Spring spacer and the truck rides perfect and I have my 2" lift.
Just checking to see if Rancho is working with you..? I can't get ahold of anyone and like you said they are not accepting pm's.. I am contemplating getting ahold of my credit card company to see if they can work with me on it..

Old 10-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by SupercrewLightn
Just checking to see if Rancho is working with you..? I can't get ahold of anyone and like you said they are not accepting pm's.. I am contemplating getting ahold of my credit card company to see if they can work with me on it..
They seem to be, I called Tenneco warranty department and they are sending replacement parts to be exchanged with the ones I removed... I'll update as the situation progresses.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Talking

Not too sure why I didn't get the PM, glad Tech is working with you.

They seem to be, I called Tenneco warranty department and they are sending replacement parts to be exchanged with the ones I removed... I'll update as the situation progresses.

Old 10-21-2016, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Rancho Shocks
Not too sure why I didn't get the PM, glad Tech is working with you.
You weren't accepting PMs for about 2 weeks now. I'll resend them...

Old 10-21-2016, 02:43 PM
Former Sponsor
And you have my e-mail too now

You weren't accepting PMs for about 2 weeks now. I'll resend them...

Old 01-05-2017, 01:28 PM
I know it's been a couple months, but Rancho (Tenneco) has replaced the quicklifts I had originally purchased with new units. They are brand new in box sitting in my garage for the past 2 months... I don't think I'm going to install them since I'm happy with the 1.5" spacer and I've since aligned the truck, however Tenneco/Rancho made good on the product replacement. Unfortunately I did not get the refund as it was past the 90 day guarantee.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:59 PM
I know it's been a couple months, but Rancho (Tenneco) has replaced the quicklifts I had originally purchased with new units. They are brand new in box sitting in my garage for the past 2 months... I don't think I'm going to install them since I'm happy with the 1.5" spacer and I've since aligned the truck, however Tenneco/Rancho made good on the product replacement. Unfortunately I did not get the refund as it was past the 90 day guarantee.
Jman, do you still have these? Would you be interested in selling them?

Old 02-28-2017, 11:31 AM
Installed mine on all four corners of the Expedition. Front went pretty easy, rear was a total PITA. Definitely improved the ride. Currently at 5 front 6 rear. Will play with settings as we go.

Quick Reply: 2015 F150 Rancho quickLIFTs installed