2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 Power Fold Mirros

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Power Fold Mirros

Was wondering since the 2010 has Power Folding Mirrors, if there just plug and play for our 2009's? When the vehicle gets put in park the mirrors just fold in?

Was hoping that we can find a way to either adapt these to work on our 09's or like I said, it would be even better if there plug and play!

Does anyone know if both sets of mirrors power folding, the regular and tow mirrors?

**Looks like I can't spell Mirror in the title!**

Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I don't think the power-folds mirrors operate like that. On the 04-08's, the powerfold mirrors operate via the electric mirror control on the door panel. You have to make manually switch them, it doesn't do it when you put it in park.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

In my 2010 owner manual it states you have to fold them manually. With the mirror switch in the middle tap the switch backward to fold and again to unfold.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Alright so the mirrors operate off pulling back on your mirror adjustment switch, so does anyone know if this might work if you were to replace the mirrors and switch?

Old 01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
I think you'd have to replace your mirror control with the "powerfold" unit. It actually says "Powerfold" on the bezel that surrounds the switch, so I bet it has another set of electrical contacts to engage the mirror folding mechanism.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 AM
A buddy of mine at work bought power fold mirrors to replace his original mirrors on his '10 Raptor..no joy at this point..apparently a 'seat module' has to be re-flashed..and the dealer hasn't been successful in this to this point..I'll check back with him tomorrow to see if he finally got this resolved.
Short story - might ask the dealer first before dropping a butt-wad of cash on them..

Old 01-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by RockOFFROAD
A buddy of mine at work bought power fold mirrors to replace his original mirrors on his '10 Raptor..no joy at this point..apparently a 'seat module' has to be re-flashed..and the dealer hasn't been successful in this to this point..I'll check back with him tomorrow to see if he finally got this resolved.
Short story - might ask the dealer first before dropping a butt-wad of cash on them..
Nice. Alright well keep us updated if you buddy figures it out! Thanks for letting us know!

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2010, 07:54 AM
I just replaced my 2009 FX4 towing mirrors with KR mirrors with power fold. It is much more detailed than just adding the switch. None of the power fold wiring or electronics for the power fold function is in the truck (at least not that I am able to find). I have figured out how to add extra pins to the connector and am working on the switch / circuit configuration.

I have SSCULLY for his help as he seems to be a guru at this sort of thing. I can make it work, but the solution is less than sexy. As soon as I figure out a clean way to configure the circuitry, I will pass it on to you.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by N8-126
I just replaced my 2009 FX4 towing mirrors with KR mirrors with power fold. It is much more detailed than just adding the switch. None of the power fold wiring or electronics for the power fold function is in the truck (at least not that I am able to find). I have figured out how to add extra pins to the connector and am working on the switch / circuit configuration.

I have SSCULLY for his help as he seems to be a guru at this sort of thing. I can make it work, but the solution is less than sexy. As soon as I figure out a clean way to configure the circuitry, I will pass it on to you.
so you had TOW mirrors and took them off for the regule style mirrors with the power fold option?...

Old 01-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
I don't think the power-folds mirrors operate like that. On the 04-08's, the powerfold mirrors operate via the electric mirror control on the door panel. You have to make manually switch them, it doesn't do it when you put it in park.
I can guarantee the 2004 model year did not have power fold mirrors. I owned a 2004 Lariat with every option available. I don't think the 2005's did either. The 2006's changed the fog lights to the absolute crap/useless design they are currently, but again don't think power fold mirror's were an option, but I could be wrong. After that I kind of stopped paying attention to the F-150 until about 2008 when they actually started adding some cool stuff like reverse camera, but by then the 2009's were right around the corner.

It was my knowledge that it wasn't until 2009 that power fold side-views were an option, but again, maybe the 06-08 had that option, maybe even the 05, but 100% definately not the 2004. The only things regarding the mirror's that were power in 2004 were the glass inside the mirror's.

In 2009MY you could get power folding side views that had tons of stuff. The glass inside was power, the entire side-view housing was power (fold in toward truck or to outright position), driver's side glass was self-dimming, and had security approach/puddle lamps integrated into bottom of side-view housing. Very cool stuff (although the self-dimming driver side & security lamps may have only been on Lariat/KR/Plat). Too many trims & options to keep track.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Well I was merely referring to the 04-08 bodystyle, not necessarily the year model itself. Lariats had powerfolds as standard equipment in the 08's for sure, but I got mine with the tow mirrors (the ones that really SHOULD be powerfold, lol). From what I've gathered, it's a pretty labor intensive process to get powerfold mirrors to work if you don't have a powerfold-equipped truck. Lots of controllers, etc that cost $300 plus the cot of the mirrors.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
Well I was merely referring to the 04-08 bodystyle, not necessarily the year model itself. Lariats had powerfolds as standard equipment in the 08's for sure, but I got mine with the tow mirrors (the ones that really SHOULD be powerfold, lol). From what I've gathered, it's a pretty labor intensive process to get powerfold mirrors to work if you don't have a powerfold-equipped truck. Lots of controllers, etc that cost $300 plus the cot of the mirrors.
Ah, gotcha, my bad. Wasn't aware the 08's had that option, I've always just paid attention to the first model year of each redesign & knew the '04's didn't have that as an option. In the past Ford hardly changed anything in the 150 until the next redesign. But Ford is getting better about adding more to each year, rather than just letting their lines stagnate until the next remodel. And I would agree, even though I wouldn't want the huge mirrors, that those should also have a powered version.

UPDATE! While debunking a myth on another thread, I stumbled across the first showing of the Power Fold Side-View's. They were first available on the 2005MY King Ranch. Crazy, eh? Had no idea they were around for so long! I love 'em on my 2009!

Last edited by CometFlash; 01-21-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: 2005 King Ranch - Power Fold Side-Views make first appearance.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Manual Folding Tow Mirrors

I'm ordering an XLT SCREW, 4x4 5.4L with MAX TOW Pkg. Anyone know if the tow mirrors fold in? I know they telescope OUT, but it would be nice if they folded against the truck when parked in close spaces.

Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by Escape Pod
I'm ordering an XLT SCREW, 4x4 5.4L with MAX TOW Pkg. Anyone know if the tow mirrors fold in? I know they telescope OUT, but it would be nice if they folded against the truck when parked in close spaces.
Are you only ordering just for the Tow mirrors? If so, you should buy them from Domenic at Tasca. Just search Tasca Auto parts and you'll save a fortune over getting them from the dealer. Dealers want like $900 dollars, I gave $351 shipped for both!...they're manual telescope and manual fold in...you can get all black or mirrors with the chrome cap. i just put mine on about 20 minutes ago...will post pics when i get a chance in the daylight...takes bout 25-30 min. each to install. there's a good video on youtube.com that shows you step by step on how to take door panel off.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Do all towing mirrors fold?

Originally Posted by tsargent4
Are you only ordering just for the Tow mirrors?
No, didn't order tow mirrors alone; they are part of the Max Tow pkg. Just wondering if they fold MANUALLY, even if not power-folding?

Quick Reply: 2010 Power Fold Mirros