2004 - 2008 F-150

Center Console Gun Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Console Gun Mount (Completed w/ Pics!)

Well after hours of googling ive finally found my perfect solution for mounting a pistol in the flow through center console. In texas you are able to have a loaded firearm within reach as long as it is concealed. So the center console was a logical choice.

I plan on doing something like this:
Name:  DSC00050.jpg
Views: 6603
Size:  65.0 KB

But using a blackhawk serpa holster with the quick dissconnect. That way I can simply take the entire holster out of my truck and use it for other purposes. I thought about using one of the magnet vehicle mounts, but I dont want the pistol have a chance of falling around. This holster locks it in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fcbc...layer_embedded

And yes I plan on getting a lock box underneath my driver seat just in case I have to leave the pistol for a prolonged period. Otherwise it will just go back inside with me.

I ordered the parts and they should be here in 2-7 business days . Ill make sure to post up pics when I get done.

Last edited by W.L.B; 07-13-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:50 PM
thats cool, great idea

Old 07-07-2010, 02:02 PM
well the serpa comes with two types on "mounts" one for a belt carry and one for a paddle mount. paddle holsters are stupid and not very safe imo. If i were you when your serpa comes in you could take a dremel or something and cut off the part that goes inside your pants (the paddle mount) and use the mounting screws to secure it to your console..only thing that would suck is of course you would have holes in your console from there on...good idea..but i'm not the type of person to just start putting holes in my 20k truck..

Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm going to drill holes in my console to mount the quick dissconnect. It comes with one male adapter for the holster, and 2 female. I'm mounting one in the console and one on my Polaris ranger

Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Subscribing

I need to figure something out for my CWW too. SC is the similar law, has to be concealed but can't be under the seat. Unless it's locked. I wanted to get a console vault but they are major $$$

What safe/storage are you getting for under the seat?

BTW I BLACKHAWK! FTW!!!

Old 07-07-2010, 02:20 PM
I'm not 100% sure on the safe yet. I was going to get a center console Vault but didn't want to lose my console Space. There are a few cheaper under the sear safes.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
While that is a clever mount, I think it's a little rediculous to need to have a loaded firearm within reach in your truck. I can't think of a single instance I've had in my vehicle where a loaded weapon would have been of any benefit . . . then again I don't drive through Compton.

Old 07-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
While that is a clever mount, I think it's a little rediculous to need to have a loaded firearm within reach in your truck....
I wouldn't even need to carry a gun, if people would just use their turn signals.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
While that is a clever mount, I think it's a little rediculous to need to have a loaded firearm within reach in your truck. I can't think of a single instance I've had in my vehicle where a loaded weapon would have been of any benefit . . . then again I don't drive through Compton.
It only takes one instance to wish you had one and it be too late.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by 06xlt4x4
It only takes one instance to wish you had one and it be too late.
Yep, better to have it an not need it than need it and not have it.

Mine is in a Titan gun vault under the back seat. Yeah, a bit of a reach but if I feel there is merit to need it then I can pull it out and keep it on me. Just my two cents. No need for a whole gun/no gun debate.

Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
I was NOT trying to start a debate, lol. Just giving my ideas. Having a gun is kinda like having 4x4, better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Im thinking this is going to be the safe I choose. It has a finger print recognition or normal sequence unlocking, can be cabled to the seat, or drilled for a more permanant solution. And its not TOO terribly expensive.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by W.L.B
I was NOT trying to start a debate, lol. Just giving my ideas. Having a gun is kinda like having 4x4, better to have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Im thinking this is going to be the safe I choose. It has a finger print recognition or normal sequence unlocking, can be cabled to the seat, or drilled for a more permanant solution. And its not TOO terribly expensive.
Pretty cool!

Old 07-07-2010, 04:35 PM

I like that vault. I'm curious to see how the biometric works though. I'm guessing it's battery powered? I would be worried that the biometric may not always read.

But that is a damn good price

Old 07-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hey W.L.B., sorry if it looked like I was directing that toward you. I was just trying to head off anyone who isn't a gun enthusiast (as you obviously are) from hijacking the thread.

I have one of the fingertip keypad vaults in my bedroom closet. It's quite nice. Have had it for 6 or 7 years and still haven't had to change the batteries. There is a manual key override in the event of battery loss so I'll never be locked out of it. The keys are kept in my big Heritage safe (where all my other firearms, booze, meds and insurance documents are held). Nice thing about the big floor safes is that they hold a lot of stuff and at 800 pounds+ it shouldn't "wander away"...especially since it's anchored to my garage floor with 1" bridge grade concrete fasteners.

Anyway, I'm still not fully convinced that the biometric safes are quite there as far as the technology. The theory is great...I just think that the fingerprint recognition is a little iffy. I've only seen one of them and my buddy who owns it said that it can be a little temperamental at times. Just throwing that out there for you to think on.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah after doing some research I think the fingertip code will be the way to go. Sure the biometric would be cool, lol, but not worth it and im sure more of a hassel.

Quick Reply: Center Console Gun Mount