Ground level:

~4'-5' off the ground:

Further back:

Light output:

Misc:

Driving vid low beams only:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPZlxWKwM2o

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 07-07-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks Great!

Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Holy awesomeness!! Love it NCSU. I'm sure I'll be getting in touch with you soon on some of the specifics of your setup. Can't wait to see the fog setup too!

Old 07-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey, one more suggestion NCSU. If you cut the center wire going to the turn signal bulbs and use that to power your CCFLs, then your CCFLs will turn on as if they were your parking lights and the yellow bulb will not, but the turning signal bulbs will still flash yellow when engaged. It looks great when you only have the parking lights on or when you are riding with just parking lights and fogs.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking I'll wire the devil eyes into the parking lights, and also tie them into the turn signals so they'll light when the turn signal is activated. They would stay constantly lit with while the parking lights are on though.

Then I'll put the CCFLs on a separate switch, powered, so I can flip them on at will, regardless of any other lights being on or off.

- NCSU

Old 07-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Hmmm... not sure I understand, but just in case, I wouldn't wire the CCFLS to blink when the turn signal is activated. I don't think that would be good for the CCFLs. I'm sure Brian can shed some light on that for us. Anyway, I'll try to put up a video in a bit so you can see how mine look (Brian has been asking for pics forever, so I need to do this, anyway). We might be able to share ideas from there.

We may be using different terminology. To clarify, CCFL and Halos/DevilEyes/Whatever are the same thing in my book.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:45 PM
The devil lights he is talking about is the actual projector "lighting" up from the inside. I thought that was just an LED inside the projector the lit up the inside with w/e color you put in there. Could be wrong, though.

The CCFL are the rings (like the Halos/Angle Eyes/Devil Eyes some people do.) Those Devil eyes are just a red CCFL ring, as opposed to the Angle Eyes, which are a light blueish CCFL ring.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4

- NCSU
THese Projectors look amazing. But can the outside chrome surround for the lense be painted black so it blends in with the rest or the headlight.

Old 07-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by ELVATO
The devil lights he is talking about is the actual projector "lighting" up from the inside. I thought that was just an LED inside the projector the lit up the inside with w/e color you put in there. Could be wrong, though.
You are correct sir!

Originally Posted by thenewbreed
THese Projectors look amazing. But can the outside chrome surround for the lense be painted black so it blends in with the rest or the headlight.
Thanks man! Yes, the projectors could have been blacked out for an additional fee. I opted not to do that.

- NCSU

Old 07-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Devil eyes wired to parking lights.

- NCSU

Last edited by NCSU_05_FX4; 07-11-2010 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As far as lighting concerned, on a scale from 1 to 10 with the projects being a 10, how would you rate the aftermarket halogens? What are you going to do with your heads or have you already put them up for sale? I suppose acquiring replacement heads would be the first step. I was going to ask about adjustment, but that seems to have all worked out based on your pics. Is there anything about the setup that you don't like or that has been problematic?

Looks good. I'd like to do something like this, but it's not that high on the want list. Come hunting season, they will move up on the list, but I'm wondering how much lead time one would need to have from the time the order is placed to install? Did Sick supply everything except the heads?

Appreciate the help.

Old 07-10-2010, 09:09 AM

spooky

Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Windsor
As far as lighting concerned, on a scale from 1 to 10 with the projects being a 10, how would you rate the aftermarket halogens? What are you going to do with your heads or have you already put them up for sale? I suppose acquiring replacement heads would be the first step. I was going to ask about adjustment, but that seems to have all worked out based on your pics. Is there anything about the setup that you don't like or that has been problematic?

Looks good. I'd like to do something like this, but it's not that high on the want list. Come hunting season, they will move up on the list, but I'm wondering how much lead time one would need to have from the time the order is placed to install? Did Sick supply everything except the heads?

Appreciate the help.
I can't answer all the questions you've asked since I don't have the retrofits. However, I've exchanged a few emails with Brian at sickhids and he said the turn around time was about 4 weeks when I last spoke to him. Brian supplys everything you need. Brian said he could also supply new heads if you didn't want to deal with finding another set. You could probably find a set from the junkyard cheaper than going that route. After all, they wouldn't have to be in great shape if you're only using them for a month or so.

ETA: Looks great NCSU! My wife and my wallet hate this thread.

Last edited by UNC Lariat; 07-10-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
As far as lighting concerned, on a scale from 1 to 10 with the projectors being a 10, how would you rate the aftermarket halogens?
If I were to rate the retrofits as a 10 (I'd probably rate them a 9 only because there are more expensive projectors that could be used which would result in a slightly better cutoff), I'd give my Halogen SilverStars a 4 or 5.

What are you going to do with your heads or have you already put them up for sale?
I will be selling my HD heads, but I've already got somebody interested in buying them.

I suppose acquiring replacement heads would be the first step.
You can send Brian a set of headlights to work on, or he can provide a set at an additional cost.

I was going to ask about adjustment, but that seems to have all worked out based on your pics. Is there anything about the setup that you don't like or that has been problematic?
If you go with bi-xenon (high beams and low beams) you need to do the "Bambi mod" to bypass the circuit that cuts off the fog lights when the high beams are activated. Without the "Bambi mod", activating the high beams while the fogs are on cause the HIDs to stay "locked" in high-beam mode.

Other than that, it's all pretty straightforward and I haven't had any issues.

Looks good. I'd like to do something like this, but it's not that high on the want list. Come hunting season, they will move up on the list, but I'm wondering how much lead time one would need to have from the time the order is placed to install?
It'll depend on how much custom work needs to be done. 4-6 weeks is probably a good estimate.

Did Sick supply everything except the heads?
Yup!

Appreciate the help.
No problem!

- NCSU

Old 07-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Wired up the parking light CCFLs, pics once it gets dark.

I also swapped the OEM parking lights for amber LED ones.

Here's the parking light LEDs, looks like I did go with the 4 LED setup, not the 2 LED one I linked to previously.

And here's what the headlight looked like prior to LED installation:

and after:

Quick Reply: NCSU's HID Retrofit Headlights...