2004 - 2008 F-150

HELP! Hose stuck down dipstick tube!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 09:25 PM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bjp207
There's a foot inside the pan still? Or is it in the dipstick tube? If youabsolutely can't get it outtathe dipstick tube buy a new one
that or less than is still in the pan! Either way it's in the damn pan! I got the dipstick tube off and out but there's still some of this ****ty hose in the pan.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Hum

Do you think it could be hung in the windage tray
was the engine hot?did it melt to the insides?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:34 PM
MDK
i have no idea, I'm not even sure what's in the damn pan really since I've never taken off a pan in my entire life cause it's a PITA. The engine was only for 15min then I put it and sucked out as much as I could but it was on a incline so I decided to park it in the garage which was level. I pulled into the garage and put it back in then saw nothing was coming out so I tried to take it to put the actual dipstick back in and NOPE.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
That tray covers the bottom of the crank jounals lime a plate a the same level where the stick goes in it has some pretty sharp edges so if it hung up on one of them it Anita a comin

sorry

hope that's not it

Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by allenm100
That tray covers the bottom of the crank jounals lime a plate a the same level where the stick goes in it has some pretty sharp edges so if it hung up on one of them it Anita a comin

sorry

hope that's not it
sounds like the best idea is to tow it to a dealer, hope this doesn't cost a lot...yeah right.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Right now I think your best bet is to take off the oil pan drain bolt. Drain the rest of the oil out and then Pull off the oil pan and see what the hose is stuck on. And NEVER use the hose thing again. And dont take it to the dealer. Way to expensive for something that is probably a simple fix.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
i have no idea, I'm not even sure what's in the damn pan really since I've never taken off a pan in my entire life cause it's a PITA. The engine was only for 15min then I put it and sucked out as much as I could but it was on a incline so I decided to park it in the garage which was level. I pulled into the garage and put it back in then saw nothing was coming out so I tried to take it to put the actual dipstick back in and NOPE.
Wait a minute...

You drained the oil out, then realized you were on an incline, so you pulled the suction tube out, started your truck with no oil in it and moved it into the garage? Then you tried to suck more oil out and put the tube back in to realize that no more oil was in the truck. Then you tried to take it out and it was stuck?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:47 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by Nettershakes
Right now I think your best bet is to take off the oil pan drain bolt. Drain the rest of the oil out and then Pull off the oil pan and see what the hose is stuck on. And NEVER use the hose thing again. And dont take it to the dealer. Way to expensive for something that is probably a simple fix.
I started taking of the pan but there was a crossmember in the way so I just said screw it and put it all back in. Going to tow it to Ford tomorrow and just bite the bullet. Hopefully it's just takes getting the pan off, taking out the hose and nothing else was damaged. I just can't win! My Cobra is broke, both my motorcycles are broke and now the truck is jacked.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MDK
I started taking of the pan but there was a crossmember in the way so I just said screw it and put it all back in. Going to tow it to Ford tomorrow and just bite the bullet. Hopefully it's just takes getting the pan off, taking out the hose and nothing else was damaged. I just can't win! My Cobra is broke, both my motorcycles are broke and now the truck is jacked.
Well good luck with whatever you do. And I suggest just takin it somewhere to get the oil changed from now on.

Originally Posted by W.L.B
Wait a minute...

You drained the oil out, then realized you were on an incline, so you pulled the suction tube out, started your truck with no oil in it and moved it into the garage? Then you tried to suck more oil out and put the tube back in to realize that no more oil was in the truck. Then you tried to take it out and it was stuck?
I read that to. Hopefully he didn't actually crank it after draining the oil out.

MDK
Originally Posted by W.L.B
Wait a minute...

I only pulled about 2 quarts out while on the incline so she had about 5 quarts to work with for the drive up to the garage. Then I tried to suck some more and nothing was coming out then it was stuck.

I was more curious as to why this thing only sucked out a couple of quarts when she holds 7.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
Do you do all the work on all these broken things?

Old 04-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
I would stop trying to service your own vehicles. I know how you feel when something doesnt go right. I washed my engine once and fried my TPS . It was angry then, but I laugh now.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:53 PM
MDK
Originally Posted by Ftruck09
Do you do all the work on all these broken things?
Nothing beyond a oil change but I guess I can't even get that right now.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by MDK
Nothing beyond a oil change but I guess I can't even get that right now.
I am pretty sure you could change your oil, just do it the old fashion way. It is a proven method. If you are on rough pavement, a piece of plywood work real good.

Quick Reply: HELP! Hose stuck down dipstick tube!