2004 - 2008 F-150

Review of Stampede 0-3132-2 Bugshield

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 04:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review of Stampede 0-3132-2 Bugshield

Hello all,

There's been a lot of discussion on bughields, so I thought I'd provide some insight. I bought a Stampede 0-3132-2 deflector on ebay for $30. That's the best deal I've seen on ANY bug deflector. A shop in town wanted $70 for the same one, installed. That's not bad either.

Anyhow, first, here's some pics:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/lc/lc.php...&albumid=10216
I'll rate in a few areas:

Looks: A+
Awesome. It makes the XLT black grill look about 10x better on my red truck. It helps tie in the black trim. It gives it a streamlined yet aggressive appearance.

Installation: A
Easy to install. Just remove the grill, install the shield with two screws then sandwhich lip between grill and hood. There is an area where it could rub the plastic grill border over time, where the lip tucks behind the grill, so we'll see.

Wind/ Road Noise: A-
With strong cross winds at highway speed, I could hear a slight whistle with windows rolled up, AC off, and radio off. If I rolled down windows, turned on AC or radio, then it wasn't audible. Even when it was, it was very slight, and as I said, only present with strong cross winds.

Durability/ Usefulness: TBD
We'll see. Looks great for now, but let me give it some time with the rocks I'm used to on these TX highways.

Value: A++
Awesome deal. The same bug shield is on there from the same guy again. I'd suggest the investment. You can check here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/lc/lc.php...ort=3&since=-1

Overall: A. Go get one!

Old 05-08-2004, 06:11 PM
I bought the same one from the same guy off eBay for my XLT.
Installation was simple and I have been happy with it.
I have a picture of it in my gallery.

Old 05-08-2004, 10:22 PM
I had the Stampede high profile deflector, and returned it due to the hood shake and vibration it caused. I'd love to get a lower profile, which I believe yours is.

Old 05-09-2004, 09:34 AM
I bought my truck from a ford dealer (the truck was used 5k miles, bug defelector on it alrdy and a couple other mods) the deflector looks good on my red truck as well, its the same stampede as you have.

now i got a question. a couple days ago while i was washing my truck i had pop'd my hood up, and closed it afterwards i guess from closing the hood the deflector seemed to have un-sandwiched itself from one of the corners of the grill. to be more precises the edge at the right of the grill is sticking out from where it was. now i tried to push it back in but cant get it back to where it needs to go. would i have to go through the process of taking off my grill? to get it back where it belongs?

~Q

ps. will eventually get pictures up. my truck looks like ieee's truck.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:57 AM
You don't need to take it all the way off. There's a line of about 8 bolts that stick back from the top of the grill in towards the engine bay. Just loosen those, shimmy the bugshield in, and tighten.

Old 05-09-2004, 11:06 AM
k, thanks for the info. will give that a shot later today

~Q

Old 05-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brother-in-law had a stampede brand on his old '97 F150. They are very brittle and will break or crack when a rock hits them instead of flex like a lund will. They may have improved them since then, I dont know.

Old 05-09-2004, 08:47 PM
well, i went and did the simple unfasten the bolts to sammich the bugshield back in place behind the grill. 2 things i noticed. one of slots where you bolt the bugshield into the truck is cracked......and from sammiching the thing back in place i maganged to scrape some paint off ....real small and kinda un noticeable but still kinda disappointing

so, now i need a new fix....can i just buy a paint to cover it up? its kinda sucky, it shows abit of the grey metal from the trucks sheet metal.

~Q

Old 05-09-2004, 09:44 PM
You definately need to "fix" it ... I'd probably suggest one of two things. Either go and buy some color-code matched paint. They smell small tubes at auto stores or you can get it from your parts department. If you do this, also get the clear coat to put over it or it will appear dull over time.
Or, you can just get some clear fingernail polish since it's not visible anyway.

Old 05-10-2004, 12:25 PM
kk, will have to wait a couple days till i get paid so i can go by the part's department to ****** some of it up and fix it.

thx

~Q

Quick Reply: Review of Stampede 0-3132-2 Bugshield