(Stock) General Grabbers Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking (Stock) General Grabbers Discontinued

I've got a year 2002 F-150 Supercrew, 4.6L, 3.55 LS which I purchased a year ago. The truck came with the standard stock General tires (Grabber).

In my opinion, these tires are poorly made. I drive a lot of highway miles (have clocked 41,600 in the year I have had the new truck). The General tires developed cupping on both the inside and outside edges about 10,000 miles ago, making the truck sound like it was driving on knobby tires. I will add that I have rotated the tires every other oil change, have aligned the truck twice, and have kept about 35 PSI in the tires. Also, the steering linkages, pitman arm, and shocks have been checked and they are in perfect working order.

Took the truck into the dealer yesterday, and they have told me that the stock General tires were DISCONTINUED by Ford due to problems. They gave me an adjustment credit on the tires, and I applied the credit to a set of Michelin LTX M/S -- couldn't be happier. Also, Ford is runnung a "special" this month where they will match the lowest legitimate price of any competitor for the tires they sell. I got my best price from WalMart, and they honored it.

Main point: If you have the stock General tires on your newer Ford F-150, you may wish to follow suit, and get an adjustment credit while you can, and before your tires are completely worn out! Then replace them with a quality tire.

Quick Reply: (Stock) General Grabbers Discontinued