pedal fade

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pedal fade

Hey guys, I have been noticeing pedal fade and loss of stopping power in my '99 scab and was wondering if the fluid is supposed to be changed in the breaking system at some sort of interval or what? I am about to replace the rears for the second time at 72,000 miles. So I figured that this would be the time to bleed or whatever is needed. I have good pedal feel at first but fades pretty consistantly as I approach lets say an intersection. Speed is not a factor as it happens at any speed. Thanks ahead of time for any help concerning this matter.

Old 11-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Could be moisture in the brake fluid. I had a chebie in Australia that totally lost its brakes due to water in the fluid. It was fine around town untill it heated up. They would return after sitting for an hour or so.

It can also be caused by glazzed front pads.

Good Luck

Rob

Old 11-15-2002, 08:07 PM
Sounds like normal F-150 pedal to me. My truck has had a very spongey feel ever since new. Even with the recent addition of Powerslot rotors, new pads, and new rear shoes the pedal still has that annoying fade feel. I just read an article about replacing the brake fluid, I am considering replacing my fluid with a high performance fluid just to see if that will improve the pedal feel at all. I think the spongy fade feel is typical of most of the 150's.

Quick Reply: pedal fade