Michelin

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Michelin

Just wondering who has Mich LTX M/S tires. If so, do any of you live in areas that get a lot of snow? I want to know how these tires perform in the white stuff. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Old 09-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I have the Michelins on my Screw and wouldn't have anything else. I switched when my Goodyears had about 75 miles on them. I had them on my last pickup and was impressed by them. I find I run mine a little too hard for great traction on ice, but they are still good in the snow. If I didn't have the 4x4 I would go to the recommended pressures and I'm sure they would be even better. We do get a fair amount of snow. Usually from the first week of Nov. until the end of May. Good luck with all your choices of tires today. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-08-2002, 08:41 PM
I have Michelin LTX MS tires. We usually have good deal of snow but since I have put them on last January we only had two decent snow falls. I can tell you that from what I have seen, they performed great in snow. I was impressed with them over the stock Firestone Wilderness which would slide on dry pavement and were worthless in snow - the front of the truck would "push" like crazy. I don't think I have broken traction one time since putting the Michelins on.

Old 09-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate you telling me what you thought of the Michelins.

I have been trying to figure out what tire to get for months now. And I have asked a lot of people. I just wish I could decide between the Mich LTX M/S, the BFG T/A KO, or the Good Year MTR.
I like all 3, and I really can't decide.

Thanks again guys. If there are any more winter folk out there, and have any of these tires look forward to what you have to say.

Old 09-10-2002, 02:27 AM
My brother had a set of LTX A/T's on his 99 Chevy Z71 and absolutely raved about them. He had Firestones prior and thought them horrid. Said they worked exceptionally well in rain and snow in Illinois.

My Dad replaced the crapo General tires on his 2wd shortbed Silverado regular cab with the 5.3L motor (small truck-big motor) with Cross-Terrain SUVs, and loves them as well. Better ride, and MUCH better traction wet and dry (and trust me, in that truck, traction was a BIG problem)

Finally, my step-mother has a Mercedes "M-Class" SUV, and she replaced the stock General tires with LTX M/Ss. She said it literally was like a new car, she couldnt believe the difference in ride quality and road noise.

The only bad feedback I've ever heard on LTX A/Ts was from a friend with a Toyota Pre-Runner with the TRD package. He says his new 31/10.5/15's lock up more easily than the Goodyear Wrangler GS/As the truck came with (thats that asymmetrical tire). It's my guess that's because the GS/As are a much more street biased tire, with very little void space over most of the tire. They looked like they'd really pack up quick in mud or snow.

Anyhow, I'm getting ready to lift my '01 2wd screw 3.5" and my biggest disappointment is that Michelin doesn't make the LTx A/T in a 285/75/16, so I'll have to go with another brand.

In short, you probably won't be sorry if you buy a michelin tire. Also, if you go to tirerack.com, they have owner reviews on all the tires they sell. You can get a real good feel for how good a tire really is by reading them, as the reviews are quite candid.

Quick Reply: Michelin