Light area on tires???

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Light area on tires???

Could someone look at the photo below and tell me what's wrong with my tires. There's a light colored area on the inside of the tire and I can't hide it. It just looks funny. Is there something wrong with the tires? Anything I can do?

Thanks,

Matt

Old 09-07-2002, 08:37 PM
What you are seeing is the white rubber that is embedded in the sidewall for the white letters. The white strip goes all the way aroung the tire but only shows as white where they grind the black away on the letters but it still shows up lighter than where there isn't any white rubber below. If you look at some white lettered tires that are scraped against curbs regurlarly they will end up looking like whitewalls after the black gets scraped away.

Old 09-07-2002, 08:43 PM
I noticed that white band after getting a paint job. I think when they "baked" the paint the tires were exposed to the heat thus making the white visible. Kind of ticked me off. Did you get any body/paint work done recently?

Old 09-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the reply guys. I've never noticed that on ony tires I've owned. I guess I'm stuck with it. The truck was built in April 2002, and has been like that since I purchased it.

Matt

Old 09-09-2002, 04:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
try and exchange it with another tire if you can at your local tire store.

Quick Reply: Light area on tires???