New brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New brakes

I have had my truck a little over 3 1/2 years add have 47,000 mile's on it,how long before I will need brakes.I have never went this long without something happening to the brake system in any vechical I have owned. I mostly drive highway miles,but still.

Thank's Joe

Old 08-10-2002, 02:57 PM
depends on how you drive...

what you tow and where you live.....47000... time to do a visual...check the thickness of the pads and where the wear tabs are in distance from the rotor...are the pads wearing evenly in relation to the other wheels?...surface of the rotor wearing true or do you have glazing or goughing?....preventive replacment will put your mind at ease at this stage....answer to a past question...friction modifier is required for limited slip differentials...it desipates the heat and reduces the foaming inside...ask the parts guy at the counter and if i remember right only 7 fluid ounces is requiered...(check your manual)

Old 08-10-2002, 07:29 PM
Lightbulb

I don't know what to average is but I've got a 97 with 109,000 miles on it with the original brakes. I'm am however going to do a break job within the next week or two.

Old 08-13-2002, 04:25 PM
Depends on how you drive! There is no real set time to do brakes. You should have them looked at every oil change if you don't do it yourself. Or even if you do! I have 98k and have been through 4 pads and getting ready to go to #5! So I only get about 20k per pad, but I do drive it hard! I think it's a Mustang!

Quick Reply: New brakes