Which Michelins?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Michelins?

Which Michelins would be best for my 97 F-150 with long wheelbase. I don't do a lot of off-the-road driving, I usually pull a small utility trailer about 3 times a way and do a lot of short highway or expessway driving. I would like good traction for rain and snow, but I also want the tires to be quite.

Currently I'm running 245x16 Michelin LTX M/S. Sam's doesn't carry the M/S but the do carry the LTX A/T. Every place else I can get the M/S's they want over $200 apiece for them. What would you recommend.

Old 07-07-2002, 10:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Order your Michelins from ....

http://www.1010tires.com/

I got a set of LTX AT's in LT265/75R16 delivered to my door for $148.43/each. Mounting, Balancing, Stems, disposal, and tax was another $18 a tire done locally. If you order them, you can get P or LT tires in the M/S or the AT's. The AT's are actually a fairly quiet tire, much quieter than BFG AT's

Old 07-20-2002, 12:58 AM
Lightbulb XC LT4

I just put some XC LT4 Michelins on my '99 SC. Love 'em!

I had stock GY APT's 70/16 255's before and they were the WORST tires imaginable. I am absolutely sure that those tires were responsible for the nasty spin-out in the rain that caused $5,500 in damage to my truck back in late 2000. At the time they had 22,000 miles. I hung with them until 42,000 miles (I'm dumb and poor!). They still had decent tread, but the would squeal if I even thought about applying the gas.

The XC LT4 70/16 265's have completely restored my confidence in how this truck SHOULD drive. As luck would have it, I installed them one day before the severe flooding hit San Antonio on July 1st. We got 30 inches of rain here in 5 days. No kidding! I never worried about driving on the new tires. Complete driving confidence. I can punch the gas on wet surfaces and they stick like glue. I would have sat still and burned a tank of gas with the old GY's.

Total cost at Sears was $645.00.

BTW. I am really an OLD member. I used to post here under "TexasDude". Lost my password after dejanews shut down its e-mail service. I think I was member 2055, or something close to that back then. Wow! The board has grown since then.

Great to be back!

Last edited by Texan 2 da Bone; 07-27-2002 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-22-2002, 04:33 PM
i dont know is sam's is exactly like costco or not, but costco did not have the michilin ltx m/s's that i wanted, but i spoke to them and they told me they could get whatever michilin tire i wanted as they order direct from the company.

they ordered my tires for me and had them within one week.
it may be worth talking to the folks at sams to see if they could do the same.

Last edited by billycouldride; 07-22-2002 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Which Michelins?