problems,problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problems,problems

I put a 3 inch lift on my truck and 315 75 16 tires also. after driving for 2 or 3 days my oil light came on and then the check engine light. I pulled over,shut it off for a few and then started up again. the oil light went of but check engine stayed on. then on the way home temp gauge shot up to the red line and again the oil light came on. shut it off once again then everything went back to normal except the engine light. Anyway,could this possibly be connected to the mods I had done? oil pressure is good according to the gauge,but the way the temp gauge went I dont know if its correct or not.just changed the oil it earlier in the day

Old 10-20-2001, 11:52 PM
I probably won't be much help, but I'm curious if you checked your oil level and coolant level yet? That should've been the first thing to check once you lost oil pressure or overheated.

Also, I'm guessing the 3 inch lift is a body lift. Maybe the lower radiator hose is kinked or cut from the lift.

Let us know what you find out.

Old 10-21-2001, 11:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you installed a body lift, check to make sure that you haven't pulled any wires loose anywhere. A lot of wires and hoses get stretched when you use a body lift.

Old 10-22-2001, 02:21 AM
after checking everything out in the daylight,I found that the fan shroud had not been trimmed enough and the fan was locked up on it. I took it out and trimmed it out some and it seems to be fine. gonna have to do some *** chewing with the shop that did the install. I still dont know why the oil light came on , but havent had any more problems

Old 10-24-2001, 05:08 AM
The oil light probably came on because your engine got so hot that you experienced 'viscosity breakdown', you should think about going to a synthetic oil, if you haven't already. Change oil immediately, or check it and see what it looks like, make sure it isn't looking milky or way too dark, or your oil will be really bad and you run the risk of your engine locking up if you drive hard. Also, if your check engine light is on still, d/c the negative battery cable for about 15 or 20 minutes to reset the comp and it will go away if you have the problem fixed.

Last edited by Pickup Man; 10-24-2001 at 05:11 AM.

Quick Reply: problems,problems