Brake problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 04:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake problems

Brake problems,
I have a 2005 f150 120k have had it for two months so far have completely removed E brake, new tires, U joints, 3 new calipers 1 rotor all new pads.

So sometimes I drive I can tell it is struggling pulling itself around won’t coast down hill and my exhaust I hear the difference! So I bleed the brakes it works great for a day then over night back to dragging! Or go in a store it will be good but when I come out they are dragging shouldn’t say locked, doesn’t pull when pushing g the brakes shakes Radomly, sometimes I feel each break they are hot but not burning my hand, what I can’t figure out is why one time it is the front right, then back left and so on so on, it changes every time I get in,what can cause this not leaking anything.

i go down a steep driveways i feel the break pedal drop alittle and when it does that, it drives great, Just need help tracking it down spending a lot of money one this thing

HELP ME PLEASE

THAT KYLE

YOU CAN TEXT 573-525-8252 or
E-mail Kylesavaun@gmail.com

Not on here very often, ideas/ help Please I can’t just keep throwing money at then this

Last edited by JackandJanet; 06-17-2020 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Correct Typo in Title
Old 06-08-2020, 10:51 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Replace the flexible rubber brake lines.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:57 PM
Should I just do all four since it seems to be different one everyday, and after I washed the truck really good underneath also, parked then about hours later backing in garage, it was making almost like a vacuum sucking a balloon in, only way I know how to describe it..... another thing I noticed today was when one or all or whatever is going on, I hear a almost power steering wine but not turning wheel but the sound is the same.

so should I just go through put all new brakes on this thing is it going to be worth it.
1-front caliper
1-front rotor
2-rear rotors/pads
4-new lines
1-master cylinder?

It honestly feels like a tired is going to wobble off, everything it tight. Going around turns affects it too

Old 06-08-2020, 11:15 PM
glc
Before you spend that kind of money, why not get a pro to look at it?

Old 06-09-2020, 02:36 AM
I have had it at a ford dealership where the guy I got it from had work done, I k ow that doesn’t mean a lot. But they say everything is normal and checks out, had another place Big O Tires look at it while I had new tires being put on and they said yeah your brakes all check out,

I am not an expert by any means, but it pretty damn obvious that something is off with it. It just not 100% of the time 50/50 chance.

those lines are 60$ each I would hate to put them on and still be trying to figure out what is going on! I don’t have a shop around here that I trust! Kinda sucks

Old 06-09-2020, 02:40 AM
The thing I don’t understand is how it goes from tire to tire sometime pulls left sometimes right! Not when I am applying the brakes just just going down the road. I can usually figure things out but this truck is tricky

Old 06-09-2020, 06:30 AM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Wonder if it could be the ABS proportioning valve?

Trending Topics

Old 06-09-2020, 08:01 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Get an infrared thermometer and check the actual temperature of the brake rotors. They are cheap, probably $20 on Amazon. I think I paid $35 at Autozone. Rotors are going to feel very hot to the touch when normal after driving. If the rear rotors are about the same temp and the front rotors are about the same temp, it's probably not the calipers. The master cylinder can cause the problem. There is a pressure relief hole in the MC that gets uncovered when you release the brake pedal that allows the pressure to be relieved back to the MC. If the relief of pressure is not occurring, the MC needs replacement. And as others have said, the Ford flexible hoses have been known to cause issues.

Old 06-09-2020, 10:35 AM
glc
Aftermarket hoses are a LOT less than 60 bucks:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ulic+hose,1792

Old 06-10-2020, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the tip on rock auto the price autozone 48$ guess I should just replace them that’s cheap, hopefully not one of those deals I regret. Oh well worth a shoot!

today it didn’t lock up and the whine isn’t there, 🤷🏼‍♂️ Any ideas what that is about should I have someone or if I do it flush all the brake fluid out of the system

Old 06-17-2020, 03:55 AM
Alright brakes all new everything! But now....

I did all the brakes and none are locking up, as I was check oil I noticed a hiss and found one vacuum line unhooked couldn’t find were it went to save my life so went to my buddies house he has same truck one year newer hooked the lines up just like his! Now still having what I describe as peer steering whine but constantly, if I floor it it sometimes comes out of bein Dogish but other times I know it’s struggling, funny thing is that is I run my air the truck runs better, idles better, mpg goes up three or four mpg. But still that hissing has to be a leak and what would cause that is the hub trying to lock in and out? I know it all vacuum and we checked double checked the lines where hockey up right! I know that’s like one whole assembly but now wheel bearing wobble just seems like somethings working to hard.

checked rearend flushed out now fluid it with the anti slip ****, did the same to front (no)slip **** But changed I can’t figure this truck out!

any ideas why it would run better with air on? Anything I am willin to try at this point, I have heard read about those 4x4 solenoids And box behind battery but there has to be a way to figure it out!! No mechanics around here are smart enough or just don’t give a **** so one my own on this one

thanks if you have any thoughts

Old 06-17-2020, 03:59 AM
More

I bought truck 4 months ago the old guy said he just had to have torque converter replaced! He had it done at a ford dealership, I have taken it to them they say everything checks out, my problem is when I take it to have it looked at it runs fine! And never throws any codes, mass air new, filter new, spark plugs new coil packs new, saved olds ones have switched around same ****, cam phayser be making it act funny, chains loose 🤷🏼‍♂️

Old 06-17-2020, 10:35 AM
glc
Autocorrect is making your post a bit hard to read.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:07 AM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Please tell us exactly what year model, engine, mileage, etc that you are talking about.

Old 06-22-2020, 10:36 AM
glc
Roadie:

I have a 2005 f150 120k have had it for two months

Quick Reply: Brake problems