Brake replacement. - F150online Forums

Wheels, Tires & Brakes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake replacement.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:42 PM
Brake replacement.

I've noticed there's a lot of users here asking about bakes. I have a 2007 F150 crewcab with the 4.6 liter. I recently replaced the brakes all the way around. New rotors new pads. I opted for power stop Z23 Evolution sport set. After install the pedal started pulsating and the ABS light came on. Not the brake just the ABS. I read up on it and bleed the brakes from the fartherest to the closest and it continued. Today I cleaned the sensors. The pedal still pulsates but the ABS light does not come on. The sensors were pretty dirty. Any help you can give would be deeply appreciated.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor
I would take it to a shop and get it scanned.

There might be debris or air in the ABS module. By using a computerized tool, they can can bleed the ABS system pump too.

You won't really know till you get the code scanned.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:34 PM
Are you sure the ABS is causing the pedal pulsing? I've found that on my 2000 and 2002 F150 the rear brake rotors warp almost immediately if I don't buy the best rotors. If the rear warps, you will feel is when the truck is close to being stopped. The rear of the truck will bounce up and down. I assume the Z23s are some of the best but?

Old 02-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
Are you sure the ABS is causing the pedal pulsing? I've found that on my 2000 and 2002 F150 the rear brake rotors warp almost immediately if I don't buy the best rotors. If the rear warps, you will feel is when the truck is close to being stopped. The rear of the truck will bounce up and down. I assume the Z23s are some of the best but?
I was concerned at first that it was but since I have cleaned the sensors the light does not come on it just pulsates. I will go with the first reply whe. I have time and money. This is out of my league. Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake replacement.

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: