How many miles on your BFG AT KM2s?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 11:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many miles on your BFG AT KM2s?

I need new tires again and I'm not sure how you guys are doing it. I have 107k on my 2005 Screw 4x4. I had the factory tires for 35k to 40k miles (I really don't remember). I put a leveling kit on and went to BFG MT's in 35x12.50 and those didn't last long, not that I really expected them to. I now have BFG KM's and the paperwork has them being put on at 66k miles. I had them rotated and balanced regularly, got alignments every 10k or so and now they are bald. So bald I don't want my wife to drive the truck. I've been reading and some of you have 70k on your tires, how? Is it just the difference between the KM and KM2s?

Old 05-03-2018, 06:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you asking what the difference is between the BFG mud tire KM and the newer version KM2 or the difference between the KO - All Terrain and the KM- Mud Terrain ?

I've run both versions on my 05 for six months each since the truck was new and have about 40K on each set. The KO's probably get far more highway miles pulling a boat so they may show more wear than the KM's but both sets look like they are almost new. Tire wear is so subjective to road surface, inflation, rotation and payload it's pretty hard for everyone to come up with the same consensus on mileage.

I've run BFG's on my personnel trucks for the past 35 years and they have never let me down.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Alignment and suspension wear have a huge impact on how tires wear too.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dog'em
Are you asking what the difference is between the BFG mud tire KM and the newer version KM2 or the difference between the KO - All Terrain and the KM- Mud Terrain ?

I've run both versions on my 05 for six months each since the truck was new and have about 40K on each set. The KO's probably get far more highway miles pulling a boat so they may show more wear than the KM's but both sets look like they are almost new. Tire wear is so subjective to road surface, inflation, rotation and payload it's pretty hard for everyone to come up with the same consensus on mileage.

I've run BFG's on my personnel trucks for the past 35 years and they have never let me down.
Sorry, I meant the difference between KO and KO2..... I know mud terrains don't last.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Alignment and suspension wear have a huge impact on how tires wear too.
Yeah, I get that and everything seems tight. I'd think my alignment place would try to sell me on a fix if the suspension/ball joints were off.

Quick Reply: How many miles on your BFG AT KM2s?