ok brake problem help! please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 11:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok brake problem help! please!

ok so my left rear caliper froze up and I needed a total brake job anyway. so got on rockauto I ordered the power stop front and rear complete kit, new calipers, new rotors, new evolution ceramic pads. $400 shipped done deal.

took it to the shop today and I'm that guy it's my day off so I hang out in the shop while they fix it they all know me there. well first problem powerstop f*cked up and packaged a left rear caliper in a right rear box. ok well my mechanic was able to reuse the right rear until they send me the correct caliper. now it pulls hard like a 90° turn on the steering wheel at about 8-10mph on pavement and pedal feedback ok... but I live on gravel and running 30-40mph and I brake hard and bam! hard pedal feedback and it slides/pulls really bad to the left. so bad if I lock it up for bambi i might end up in the opposite ditch!

so is it probably just the old right rear caliper sticking or not engaging? my mechanic said when I picked it up my ABS was going out but... even with the brakes bad it wasn't doing this you could let go of the wheel and it would brake straight... help! but right before I got it fixed my ABS light had kicked on so is it possibly my ABS control module?